The reason why Sony decided to tap into the PC Market

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Give pc the stuff that doesn’t sell that well keep the big titles on PlayStation consoles

Spider-man sold over 20 million copies, i don’t see it happening

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense. The average PS4/PS5 game cost more than a live action movie in Hollywood these days. The same reason why Square, Namco, and Capcom released their former Sony exclusive Ips to the Xbox 2008 onwards. Games with super high end graphics are literally bankrupting the studios

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Jim Ryan interview.

PlayStation’s Jim Ryan: ‘We’re making a completely new VR format for PS5’

Fair enough. So releasing PlayStation games on PC was something that Sony PlayStation held back on for a long time. Now it sounds like you’re very much on that bandwagon. What changed?

I think a few things changed. We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

Makes sense :manny:

rhoff113

Rookie
Daps
Since the PC got Yakuza and some others titles, it doesn't miss much honestly.
God of War maybe but TLOU or Spiderman aren't so important, gameplay wise.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea I beat Ratchet and Clank last week...it was pretty damn fun and got me excited for the new game in June.

It’s honestly in my top 5 from last gen. I think people just needed a little more time to come back to the series after the long hiatus and the movie not being that great.