The REAL Robin Williams

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I never thought he was funny. I just never got his brand of comedy.

Then you dont get what it means to be a "genius" :mjlol::mjlol:

I watched his 30 seconds on the Richard Pryor roast with this exact face:merchant:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Last night on the "Tonight Show", Robin Williams broke out in one of the most racist routines about Barack Obama I have ever seen. While I question Obama's qualifications, I have never worried about his race. Williams was jumping around using black "gangsta" lingo, grabbing his crotch and so on, depicting how he thought Obama would act once the oath was administered. Even Jay acted pretty offset by it but glossed it over real quick. I don't suspect it will get much news attention because Williams has "liberal" credentials but if someone like Dennis Miller had done 1/2 of this act, they would be having hearings on Capitol hill today about him and racial hatred on TV. The Nation of Islam and Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton would be leading protests and it would be all over NBC and the other networks. Have any of you seen anything about it today?

Not that I disagree, but there's a harder question to ask here. If Robin Williams saying all that shyt about Africa is offensive, then why do we let Black comedians make those exact same jokes about Africa on a regular basis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vmleSfx9hn8

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Somebody probably already posted this, so forgive me if that's the case but, ...........

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/que...dude_knows_my_entire_history_and_discography/

Man. The smallest gesture can mean the world to you. Robin Williams made such an impact on me and didn’t even know it. He named checked all of us in the elevator during the 2001 Grammys. I know y’all think I do this false modesty/T Swift “gee shucks” thing to the hilt. But yeah sometimes when you put 20 hour days in you do think it’s for naught and that it goes thankless. Grammy time is somewhat of a dark time simply because you just walk around asking yourself is it worth it or not: all the sweat and blood. I just felt like (despite winning grammy the year before) no one really cares all that much for us except for a select few. Especially in that environment I’m which people treat you like minions until they discover what you can do for them…if you’re not a strong character you run the risk of letting it get to you.

This particular Sunday we were walking backstage and had to ride the elevator to the backstage area and we piled inside when suddenly this voice just said “questlove…..black thought….rahzel….the roots from Philadelphia!!!! That’s right you walked on this elevator saying to yourself “ain’t no way this old white dude knows my entire history and discography”….we laughed so hard. That NEVER happened to is before. Someone a legend acknowledged us and really knew who we were (his son put him on to us) man it was a small 2 min moment in real life but that meant the world to me at the time. Everytime I saw him afterwards he tried to top his trivia knowledge on all things Roots associated. Simply because he knew that meant everything to me. May his family find peace at this sad time. I will miss Robin Williams. #RIP.