The Program - Movie (Appreciation)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Program shyts on Any Given Sunday. Low Key Necessary Roughness which came out around same time as the Program is one of the better football movies. I'll take it over Varsity Blues.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area

The film originally included a scene in which Kane reads aloud comically "It says here that I'm good under pressure," while holding a Sports Illustrated college football preview issue with him on the front cover. He then lies down in the middle of a road on the yellow line as cars barely miss him while moving at highway speeds. Several team members who are at first trying to stop Kane decide that it is a test of their bravery and team unity and join him. Influenced by the film, several teenagers imitated this scene and were either killed or suffered injuries. This resulted in the scene being removed from the film after its release.[8] A brief clip of the scene in question showing team members lying in the street had already been aired repeatedly in the television commercials for the film and therefore captured on VCRs. Later versions of the trailer had the clip removed.

The only known home video release with this scene intact is the Hong Kong laserdisc published by Taishan International. This version of the film is three minutes longer than the theatrical cut and clocks in at a 115-minute run time.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The film originally included a scene in which Kane reads aloud comically "It says here that I'm good under pressure," while holding a Sports Illustrated college football preview issue with him on the front cover. He then lies down in the middle of a road on the yellow line as cars barely miss him while moving at highway speeds. Several team members who are at first trying to stop Kane decide that it is a test of their bravery and team unity and join him. Influenced by the film, several teenagers imitated this scene and were either killed or suffered injuries. This resulted in the scene being removed from the film after its release.[8] A brief clip of the scene in question showing team members lying in the street had already been aired repeatedly in the television commercials for the film and therefore captured on VCRs. Later versions of the trailer had the clip removed.

The only known home video release with this scene intact is the Hong Kong laserdisc published by Taishan International. This version of the film is three minutes longer than the theatrical cut and clocks in at a 115-minute run time.

Yeah, I remember there was a big controversy about this scene when the movie came out.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

I remember that in the trailer when it came out. Completely forgot about it.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Alvin was a maniac :russ: talkin shyt to all the opposing offenses and he even pocketed the first money the Alumni gave Jefferson

"Matter of fact, let me hold this for you until you see the light" :birdman:

Lattimer juiced to the gills trying to rape broads

Kane a full blown alcoholic

One of the GOAT football movies.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Lattimer was a legend but yea I remember going to the movies and seeing this scene and knew off top someone was gonna try it and sure enough idiots try it get killed and they yank the scene. I'm not even sure they included it in the DVD.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
finally sat down and watched this movie. pretty enjoyable. I definitely recognized some of the scenes being shot on Duke's campus. The actor who plays Alvin Mack has a son who plays for the Giants (Wyatt Davis)

if this were based in 2024, Collins and Griffen would've transferred :russ: