The popularity of "mundane" video games

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Games like power wash simulator, lawn mowing and shyt are indeed ridiculous but to a lesser extent I also hate games like Grounded, Ark, Minecraft, etc. I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion because those are popular games but the concept of looting/building as the main function of a videogame is very hard to do while still being fun.

Very rarely do we see a healthy mix of building/looting/action done right. State Of Decay 2 is the best example I can think of. That's also a open world sandbox where you gotta build and protect your base, but it's actually fun as fukk. The other games I feel like focus more on how much different shyt you can craft as opposed to actually being fun.

I can't fukkin wait for SoD3

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
There's an increase of people, especially the youth, who are so scared of real life they don't even do simple work. They could easily help their family or a friend to wash their car, have a fun conversation while doing it. But they'd rather buy a VR headset to experience that :mjlol: Even if housework games is some sort of thing that relaxes you, just fukking do it for real!

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Y’all clearly didn’t grow up on sim city and Oregon trail :unimpressed:
I did and still say fukk this shyt. Oregon Trail was dope for its time tho. Sim City or any of the sim variation games, I never felt drawn to. I gave the The Sims game an extremely brief try when my cousin was into it back in the day, but nah, fukk these games. I play games in part to see and do things that I couldn't fathomably do in real life. I damn sure wouldn't want to play games that are just doing the most mundane, chores in a vitual space. I nearly feel the ones that are that into it got issues, lol! Even more especially if they truly neglect those things IRL. 

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I did and still say fukk this shyt. Oregon Trail was dope for its time tho. Sim City or any of the sim variation games, I never felt drawn to. I gave the The Sims game an extremely brief try when my cousin was into it back in the day, but nah, fukk these games. I play games in part to see and do things that I couldn't fathomably do in real life. I damn sure wouldn't want to play games that are just doing the most mundane, chores in a vitual space. I nearly feel the ones that are that into it got issues, lol! Even more especially if they truly neglect those things IRL. 
A lot of these new games, like those games in the past are just thoughtless time killers.

Whenever I travel for work often see cats pulling out a switch or jumping from Tik tok to one of those sim apps to kill time. They just aren’t very demanding mentally, which for a lot of people all they want from games when taking a break from work and life that requires a lot of them.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I've played the Truck Sim games. they are relaxing :ehh: