The phenomenon of fat/overweight looking boxers is one of the most impressive things in sports

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who has ever done shadow boxing for cardio excercise knows the incredible amount of
stamina boxing requires. fat and overweight (looking) boxers having the stamina to train and compete
at the highest level of boxing is incredible to me.

Most gym heads cannot cope with a full pro boxer trianining regime,

How are boxers that look like this able to pull it off:mindblown: :wow:and despite the rigorous training, how the hell do they remain grossly out of shape:wow:

Butterbean
K9Tnaoaoezm-jdeS3E3JjsVnFqapWgdNLVfHIEGg9WbsyynOX7cenRCSuJ2zE3QDZX7Yqzee_Yo20GX3BFdcjI6GGxSwJi23qXtjgAPLUPdhU9FWCiaiZbVk0NpNsE2sjjO8kw_qNNZ5pK-6ZTPb

Ruiz
3817.jpg

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Boxing, like basketball and a few other sports, are skill first. If your skill level is high enough, you can beat people who are in better shape than you. The issue comes in when you're fighting people of similar skill, you're not gonna be able to beat them.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Boxing, like basketball and a few other sports, are skill first. If your skill level is high enough, you can beat people who are in better shape than you. The issue comes in when you're fighting people of similar skill, you're not gonna be able to beat them.
No matter how skilled you still need stamina to train and stay in the ring. It's their stamina that's impressive to me at that weight
rather than their skills level

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Right. Fat ass linemen aren’t in style anymore. They be big but mobile af.
No they aren't .I f you see them outta pads most of them a physical freaks.
I didn't say anything about era.

And yes, those fatass lineman from the 90's and 80's were indeed mobile af. They probably didn't appear to be in comparison to the other player positions on the field, but they are very quick and agile for their size.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Conditioning. There's a lot of old ass people that run marathons and even overweight fat people.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
So you think fat people can’t have great conditioning lol…Just like you can’t assume people with muscles and 6 packs got great stamina..,can’t judge a book by it’s cover..And boxing on of the truest sports. Just man vs man.

Daps
i used to clown Michael Dokes, dude was insanely fat but an entertaining fighter....

sometimes at the gym, i see dudes that are way out of shape just killing on the basketball court....cause they played college ball at like cal state 20 years ago....that muscle memory is crazy....