The personification of God [Letting go of my religion]

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
This is a newer dilemma that I'm facing as I'm re-directing myself toward a life that makes sense for me.

I was born into a religion, told to go to church every Sunday and told that a heaven and a hell existed. The proof: The Holy Bible. I never liked reading it, although there are a lot of interesting stories and characters I actually liked, and I only ever considered Jesus the most relevant part of the book. I've defended Christianity heavy and made sense of it to a lot of people who have tried to use it as a means for their twisted agenda, but now I'm really starting to question it.

I'm not becoming atheist or anything like that. I do have faith and I believe in a higher power, but I don't believe in the personification of god in which there are rules and guidelines to follow in order to please "him" and praise him.

I believe that we weren't necessary given a special purpose to live, we were just created and for that alone we should be thankful and feel "blessed". I don't think that "God" wants us to be righteous or to be murderous, we were given the right and the will to do whatever the fukk we want which is why there is suffering in the world. There is no such thing as god having mercy on you, because "he" can't feel bad for you. "He" should not even be the pronoun for "it".

Most of you already know that religion is the Santa Clause for adults, used in politics for social engineering and of course, financial gains or theft as I like to call it.
Albeit having a bunch of nonsensical rules that aren't even up to date, I feel that being a Christian is a lot easier than being a part of it, in my personal situation. My parents, mother especially, are really religious. And as far as they know I'm still a devout Christian as well. "Spouting" my thoughts seems like an extremely dangerous idea, even moreso if I decided to write a book about it. There's hardly anything that can be more influential to a Black Christian than their god, but along the way if we just gradually start to get our people detached from this foreign religion, then maybe there can be drastic changes for us in the future.

TL;DR
Should I continue to be a delusional Christian, which is easy, or should I steer from the path of society's religion that could possibly jeopardize relationships? There isn't a gain if I do.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I'm similar
church is a social thing and can be used to measure respect and filial piety towards your family
if me not going to church is going to step on my elders toes (like on Easter, a funeral service or when I visit my grandmother), I go
or if someone close to me wants me to see a service or a new church they're a part of, I go
being in a church or participating in Christian ceremonies isn't a loss and doesn't change my feelings

plus people don't usually really want to hear or care about your religious beliefs so you probably won't ever be outed to your fam unless they pry

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
This is a newer dilemma that I'm facing as I'm re-directing myself toward a life that makes sense for me.

I was born into a religion, told to go to church every Sunday and told that a heaven and a hell existed. The proof: The Holy Bible. I never liked reading it, although there are a lot of interesting stories and characters I actually liked, and I only ever considered Jesus the most relevant part of the book. I've defended Christianity heavy and made sense of it to a lot of people who have tried to use it as a means for their twisted agenda, but now I'm really starting to question it.

I'm not becoming atheist or anything like that. I do have faith and I believe in a higher power, but I don't believe in the personification of god in which there are rules and guidelines to follow in order to please "him" and praise him.

I believe that we weren't necessary given a special purpose to live, we were just created and for that alone we should be thankful and feel "blessed". I don't think that "God" wants us to be righteous or to be murderous, we were given the right and the will to do whatever the fukk we want which is why there is suffering in the world. There is no such thing as god having mercy on you, because "he" can't feel bad for you. "He" should not even be the pronoun for "it".

Most of you already know that religion is the Santa Clause for adults, used in politics for social engineering and of course, financial gains or theft as I like to call it.

Albeit having a bunch of nonsensical rules that aren't even up to date, I feel that being a Christian is a lot easier than being a part of it, in my personal situation. My parents, mother especially, are really religious. And as far as they know I'm still a devout Christian as well. "Spouting" my thoughts seems like an extremely dangerous idea, even moreso if I decided to write a book about it. There's hardly anything that can be more influential to a Black Christian than their god, but along the way if we just gradually start to get our people detached from this foreign religion, then maybe there can be drastic changes for us in the future.

TL;DR
Should I continue to be a delusional Christian, which is easy, or should I steer from the path of society's religion that could possibly jeopardize relationships? There isn't a gain if I do.
Sounds like you already made up your mind :skip:

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
you'll find as your get older that your soul/ajna tends to gravitate towards new energies/thought processes as you evolve,rather then building a wall/dam towards stupid "titles" just let whatever train of thought that resonates stick around and use it as a bridge to understand/overstand/innerstand new concepts that will inevitably come along..

everything/every stream of thought has its place in your growth,because you only stop said growth when you shut self down towards new patterns/new paradigms that inevitably arise if you are growing..

Melza

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Daps
TL;DR

If you don't believe it then why fake it. Plus you'll only be able to fake it so long.

ETA: do you still want an arranged marriage? Just curious

QueenSheba

All Star
Daps
@b o u n c e

Denounce white Jesus and do some research on your own. You'll learn allot of things along the way. I have one brother who denounced white Jesus and now he's studying Egypt ideology. My older brother denounced white Jesus and now he's a Hebrew Israelite.

As for the rest of my family. They are christians and my brothers don't want to tell our family members we don't follow Christianity. I believe in God but not the God that the white man created. So we kept it a secret because we don't want to lose our family members over religion.

Daps
@b o u n c e

Denounce white Jesus and do some research on your own. You'll learn allot of things along the way. I have one brother who denounced white Jesus and now he's studying Egypt ideology. My older brother denounced white Jesus and now he's a Hebrew Israelite.

As for the rest of my family. They are christians and my brothers don't want to tell our family members we don't follow Christianity. I believe in God but not the God that the white man created. So we kept it a secret because we don't want to lose our family members over religion.
Then that's a fake ass relationship.

If you can lose somebody by showing them the real you, they were never with you in the first place. But you're also faking with them because if you have something that you feel would be of more benefit to them, why wouldn't you introduce them to it and give them a chance to either accept it or deny it.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Take your time, learn other religions, life is a personal journey of self discovery. It's about you not anyone else.

The Bible says the Holy Ghost is within you and is what helps you stay on the path of righteousness. Kinda like your conscious.

So if you become familiar with other religions it will help you connect with others and bring them to Christ or it will help you discover a new connection or a new community to join.

It's a win win. You will know when you find where you belong. The Holy Ghost or your intuition will tell you.

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
I totally agree with this. I don't bite my tongue about how I think religion and the Bible is hypocritical and contradicting. My family thinks I'm crazy when I said I don't have a religion especially since they claim to be Christians.
Of course I believe there's a God, there's angels, demons, spirits, etc. I just don't believe I have to follow a certain.. cult and their rituals to prove that I'm a holy person and my God is greater than Buddha or whateve.
According to the Bible, everything you do is a sin. Thinking something but not acting on it is a sin, over eating is being greedy which is a sin, wearing weave is a sin! I'd go crazy thinking my whole life I would have to walk on eggs shells just so I have a life in paradise in the afterlife. 'Eff religion.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Do you guys have any advice on how to either break my girlfriend away from her faith (christian) or get her to accept im agnostic?..:lupe:

What would be the best way to approach this issue, sorry to intervene on your topic of discussion..:ld:

I have no idea but I wouldn't try to force her out of anything. I think going into a discussion about it is ok and then maybe gradually express your opinions about your beliefs, not hers.