The Persona 5 Spoiler Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's been about 3 weeks. People have beat this so why not have a thread with open spoilers since the other thread isn't for that sort of discussion.

Looking back at this game one thing it did well was it had that playable epilogue. The ending itself wasn't really all that but the game still gave you a bit of time to say goodbye to all these characters after having such a long journey with them. That counts for a lot. In Japanese media you don't usually get stuff like that.

For example I beat Tales of Berseria and there was almost no ending. The final conflict was resolved and the credits rolled. 1 more short cut scene and no real closure. Sure it has a sequel game but the sequel isn't about that same cast. What did those people go on to do with their lives? Who really knows?

Here you really don't get that sort of answer either. I didn't beat all the social links so I got even less. I know Makoto wants to be a police commissioner but what happens to the main guy when he goes back home for example? The plot of the game almost exist in a vacuum. You don't fully know these people before the events of the game and after the plots conflicts are resolved they seemingly cease to be.

Kinda wish they had a 10 year reunion scene after the credits where Makoto is a police chief and Ann is a pro fashion model and Ryuji is a pro athlete and they get back together just to catch up instead of the game just ending with the car ride back to his home and nada.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kind of early. I think only a few people on here beat it already and even I, who had the game since last year intentionally left the game saved right after you meet
Lavenza
and you're outside Tokyo when the whole city looked like it was transformed.

:to: @ hearing the REAL
Igor's voice. Funny how they still implemented his VA in the game anyway even though he died. Cool touch imo especially after people going on about how his new voice sounded weird.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Am I the only one that thought you got the bad ending when Akechi murked the P5MC:pachaha:

Kinda wish they had a 10 year reunion scene after the credits where Makoto is a police chief and Ann is a pro fashion model and Ryuji is a pro athlete and they get back together just to catch up instead of the game just ending with the car ride back to his home and nada.

This seems like something they'll elude to in a future spinoff game

llt23

All Star
Daps
Kind of early. I think only a few people on here beat it already and even I, who had the game since last year intentionally left the game saved right after you meet
Lavenza
and you're outside Tokyo when the whole city looked like it was transformed.

:to: @ hearing the REAL
Igor's voice. Funny how they still implemented his VA in the game anyway even though he died. Cool touch imo especially after people going on about how his new voice sounded weird.

the voice was great. I was a lil weirded out by the new voice....but it was part of the plot :ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man the ending track that plays right after the Phantom theives ranking hits 100% and you get that God complex was incredible. It's the climax, the sounds of change. The tune of a large scale shift :wow:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just copped this over DQXI. Hope I don't regret it. P5 takes way too long for the game to actually start. Very cut scene heavy. Hopefully it gets better.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I prefer P5 over DQXI. The repetitive music grinds my ear drums but it's not a bad game.

In a couple of weeks I'll be posting impressions of what's new in P5 Royal.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just copped this over DQXI. Hope I don't regret it. P5 takes way too long for the game to actually start. Very cut scene heavy. Hopefully it gets better.
It's arguable that the first portion of Persona 5 is its best. If you aren't a fan of the early goings the game likely won't grow on you.

A good way to sum up the game is its like a pretty girl that talks a whole lot but doesn't really say much.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's arguable that the first portion of Persona 5 is its best. If you aren't a fan of the early goings the game likely won't grow on you.

A good way to sum up the game is its like a pretty girl that talks a whole lot but doesn't really say much.
:merchant:

Nah. I'm at the very beginning. Still in the very long tutorial phase. At some point it just lets you go dungeon crawling and kill cool monsters, right? That's all I want to do....:mjcry:

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can live with the old school combat, but the creature designs are largely uninspired and the stealth mechanics and platforming are terrible.:francis: The camera angles and controls are just horrendous.:francis:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I can live with the old school combat, but the creature designs are largely uninspired and the stealth mechanics and platforming are terrible.:francis: The camera angles and controls are just horrendous.:francis:

:wtf: Breh what??

There's so many different types of shadows/personas with few "re-skins". You can fuse them to make a grip of diverse personas with different arcanas. The designs were fire to me.

You have a point about the controls for the stealth mechanics but ultimately the palaces are about the combat, puzzles and boss fights first and foremost, and those were all well done.