The people of Wauconda, Illinois want you to stop asking for Vibranium

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-people-of-wauconda-illinois-would-like-you-to-sto-1823225437

Since the release of Black Panther, the village of Wauconda has been set upon by cinephiles and Marvel fans alike. The name is pronounced the same as the fictional country, leading to an abundance of prank phone calls to the mayor's office and town hall. THR recently spoke to Alise Homola, the executive assistant to Wauconda. After the film debuted, the calls starting coming in.

"At first, I was like, is there a full moon out? Someone called and asked how we pronounced the village name and when I told him, he began yelling, 'Wakanda forever!' which I am guessing is from the film."

:mjlol:

Looks like they're having fun with it though :mjpls:

jYs5VKX.jpg

They have to take everything don't they. Wouldn't surprised me if this town was created after the movie came out :skip:

Killmonger was right :to:

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
As long as it's in the realm of fiction and not the real thing, they're gucci :blondemj:

Could you imagine some marvel superhero called the ku klux klansman having black folks wearing white hoods? Not the same thing obviously but you get what I’m saying.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it's an actual town. I've visited it before, had no issues but it is a predominately white area.
I know breh. I'm just tying it with "they take everything" joke :russ: