The PC Productivity Thread: Downloads, Tips, Tricks for getting things done

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I hope its not overkill to make a PC productivity, application, and downloads thread.

I love finding out about new programs and websites that help me get more done or help me organize things on my PC easier. For example two things I started using today:

Just copped http://www.autohotkey.com/ (Free): It lets you make keyboard or mouse shortcuts to pull up anything you want. For example I can be at any screen and hit Windows C and it takes me to the coli. I can hit Windows M and get my email. I can hit Windows P and it will open python and notepad. If there are groups of programs you want to open together you can set it to that. Pretty cool shyt.
CDsHtnV.png

Also just started using Any.do for my to-do list reminder and tracker. It is available on android and IOS but you can also get the chrome plug in that syncs with your phone so you can check it from any location. It also syncs with facebook and other apps and can pull data from there to automatically remind you. For example I have to call my doc tomorrow so I added task "Call Dr. Reed" When I go to the app and click on it it automatically calls his number and then when I hang up crosses it off the list.
http://www.any.do/
itm0nw1.png

The last Chrome extension that I just got the other day is called timeStats and tracks how long you spend no each site. Interesting info if you are curious where most of your time is going each day when you are online. Im excited to see that Coli is not number 1 so at least I am getting some work done
wvYB1vh.png

I was wondering if anyone else has any tips about how they have their PC set up to increase productivity and little tips and tricks they use.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope its not overkill to make a PC productivity, application, and downloads thread.

I was wondering if anyone else has any tips about how they have their PC set up to increase productivity and little tips and tricks they use.
Web Activity Time Tracker to lock myself out of trash websites that are addicted or to prompt me when I'm procrastinating
Toggl Track to measure my time/productivity. They also have an optional feature to track which websites you visit
HuffDuffer to listen to YouTube videos offline when I can multitask
Pocket to save articles to read later in my down-time instead of when I'm in the middle of an important work task. It works as delayed gratification as well