The Pact: Three Young Black Men make a Promise and Fullfill a Dream appreciation

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Synopsis

The Pact narrates the lives of Rameck Hunt, Sampson Davis, and George Jenkins, three young black men that grew up in a community of violence, ignorance, and failure. The book shows their first-hand experience of racism and the low expectations for their future. Eventually the three make a promise that one day they will not only graduate from college, but that they will graduate as doctors. They later receive a scholarship to Seton Hall University, although the process proves to be a difficult one. Despite managing to overcome enough obstacles to gain a scholarship and attend college, they still run into racism, mediocrity, and failure. At one point the group debates giving up and dropping out of college, but are talked out of it by the school's guidance counselor, Carla dikkson. They then decide to face their obstacles in more adequate ways and graduate from Seton Hall. The three then study to become doctors, with Hunt and Davis deciding to attend medical school while Jenkins decides to become a dentist. The book ends with all three of them passing and earning their medical degrees at their respective schools.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
yall remember this book?

i knew i wasnt the only dude on who read this as a lil nikka

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My mom made me read this book and write a report on it as a punishment. At the time I thought it sucked. But looking back I'm glad my mom put me on to this black excellence.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
My mom made me read this book and write a report on it as a punishment. At the time I thought it sucked. But looking back I'm glad my mom put me on to this black excellence.

from the looks of it these boys still doing they thing

they motivational speakers now