The one thang EVERY game missing...

419scam

The Super Duper
Daps
...are realistic ocean waves/liquid animations, if the industry somehow crack that problem shyt will be next level :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
looks ok till she gets to the shore, same ol non wave crashing land like every game:yeshrug:

I'm talking shyt like this

The shorelines actually looks really good when you’re playing it, you can even see the sea foam when the tide comes in, its really impressive.

FMUQOv0XoAMgXUx

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
you probably won’t real time fluid dynamics in games for a while. i’ve been out of school for a good minute so i don’t know all the current workarounds but most of the water in games, at least a few years ago, use a combination of lighting, ai, and shifting terrain assets. advanced but still not computing in real time. you still have to suspend disbelief a little bit when you look at it hard enough to behave like water

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
you probably won’t real time fluid dynamics in games for a while. i’ve been out of school for a good minute so i don’t know all the current workarounds but most of the water in games, at least a few years ago, use a combination of lighting, ai, and shifting terrain assets. advanced but still not computing in real time. you still have to suspend disbelief a little bit when you look at it hard enough to behave like water
What was Hydrophobia then?

That came out on OG Xbox and we're way past that tech now, no?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
What was Hydrophobia then?

That came out on OG Xbox and we're way past that tech now, no?

i don’t know, it was likely randomly moving terrain maps over a plane. i can tell you what it wasn’t tho. computing the math for fluid physics in real time

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah, games generally have the atlantic ocean looking like a big ass lake. Gentle as fukk ripples and tiny waves.
I don't surf, but i can tell no games made so far have anything resembling a surfable wave. They just use river and stream physics then multiply it for scale to create oceans.