The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Lol what a revisionist take. Sha'Carri got hype very early and was talking alot and called Shelly old. Congrats to your girl but she was a menace two years ago.
Exactly. I'm so happy for ol' girl but it's disingenuous to not note that she was on some bullshyt a couple years ago. I'm happy to see her back focused and keeping it track and field instead of worrying about the foolishness.

But I'm a fan of sports and greatness no matter who it is achieving it. Soap opera brehs stay having pet heroes instead of keeping it sports.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sha'Carri next. It's over for ya'll :umad:
I told y’all muthafukkas :damn:
kevin-garnett.gif

It ain’t just Diamond League no more @MikelArteta :umad:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This is a lie

What’s the lie?

You gotta get invited to Diamond League. Those Euros don’t want any nonsense and bullshyt at their events. And it’s the only league where T&F athletes are getting constant pay — especially those with no sponsor.

This isn’t like distance runners (marathon and half) where there’s so many chances to eat 12 months a year with multiple races to pick and choose from and major marathons paying out $200k + for a win. These sprinters have to play ball and act right so they get the Diamond League invites.

Jamaicans also know they can’t run the same team forever and just outright win. Maybe SAFP had an iffy night tonight but she still got beat by someone who finally got their shít together after all of these years. Paris is a year away so we at least get some parity in the “rivalry”.