The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All sports techs has advanced. The game is the game. Its great for the sport for WR CR AR NR PB to be broken more regularly. Aren't you fed up with Flo Jo's and the East German Super Serums Soldiers of the 80's records still standing in 2023?

Rather the doping be the 👞 than 💉
No argument there, but look at swimming. They took a step back from their high tech suits due to how much the added to the times.

Yes training has advanced and they are better athletes around today, but DeGrasse couldn't beat Jesse Owen's time running in his boots on a grass track.

These shoes may not be doping, but they are just as influential as doping at this stage.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
No argument there, but look at swimming. They took a step back from their high tech suits due to how much the added to the times.

Yes training has advanced and they are better athletes around today, but DeGrasse couldn't beat Jesse Owen's time running in his boots on a grass track.

These shoes may not be doping, but they are just as influential as doping at this stage.

The Swimming tech regulations came in what 2010? And still had 9 WR's being broken in London 2012.

The IAAF have wanted to get rid of all the old WR for years and theyve being trying to find ways to do it but could never agree on the path it should take. Maybe they'll change rules on tech once they are all gone. With that said IAAF are a business and its better for them and the sport if stadium going fans and the TV can expect a WR to happen at any time. That's how you draw the fans in and have packed stadias around the world. And let's not act like all the athlete meets around the world are sell outs because they aren't.

Regarding DeGrasse and Owens. :mjlol: How long was Jesse Owens running and training in them shoes and track for tho? DeGrasse was doing it for what? A day?

Its like saying Kipchoge is a fraud because of the tech he has used and hes not running in the 5k 10k and marathon all at the same championships and winning them like Emil Zatopek did in 52 Olympics.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Swimming tech regulations came in what 2010? And still had 9 WR's being broken in London 2012.

The IAAF have wanted to get rid of all the old WR for years and theyve being trying to find ways to do it but could never agree on the path it should take. Maybe they'll change rules on tech once they are all gone. With that said IAAF are a business and its better for them and the sport if stadium going fans and the TV can expect a WR to happen at any time. That's how you draw the fans in and have packed stadias around the world. And let's not act like all the athlete meets around the world are sell outs because they aren't.

Regarding DeGrasse and Owens. :mjlol: How long was Jesse Owens running and training in them shoes and track for tho? DeGrasse was doing it for what? A day?

Its like saying Kipchoge is a fraud because of the tech he has used and hes not running in the 5k 10k and marathon all at the same championships and winning them like Emil Zatopek did in 52 Olympics.
Kipchoge isn't a fraud at all, but I don't see him running the times he did without the shoes Nike designed for him.
:manny:

You consider it a part and parcel of progress. I think they have overstepped. Eliud is welcome to put on a pair of trainers from ten years ago and prove me wrong.

And this is from me considering him to be the GOAT.

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Femke Bol just ran 51.45 in the 400mh :wow:

I told y’all we need the Sydney/Femke rivalry to push them to their limits
She may get to that 50.x
Femke be killing it!!

That 200m :wow:
Best race of the best outside of the mile.
The tracks this year have been electric for times. This is the quickest the Olympic stadium track has ever been.
Yea I don’t remember it bring THIS fast
Jackson mentally not the same as Elaine and Shelly Ann. She needs to work on that.

You can see where she gave up on that race.
She’s training and ran 4 races this week. Her coach did an interview saying he doesn’t care about winning diamond league races. They are instructed to run based on their training schedule. When Shelley & Elaine was under Francis they ran the same way.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
My god fearing Bae pulling out the WC
:sadcam:

Sydney pulling out, incase IG not working

She would have killed it in 400 flat

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter