The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Yep and that’s how it’s always been. Idk why people are acting brand new. Like ShaCarri or not, if she ran 400 hurdles she wouldn’t get the same play.

Can you even name a man outside of Rai ran the 400 hurdles in the past decade?
I also don’t see anyone questioning why he isn’t the face of T&F over Brommel, Coleman or Kerley who are nowhere near the WR and haven’t even broke the American record
I will say that even though, Syd isn't being pushed heavily in media (she does have some Gatorade commercials), she has some name rec.

Sydney has 1 million IG followers and for example Allyson Felix has 1.1 million IG followers.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I will say that even though, Syd isn't being pushed heavily in media (she does have some Gatorade commercials), she has some name rec.

Sydney has 1 million IG followers and for example Allyson Felix has 1.1 million IG followers.

NBC is fumbling it as well, that 400m hurdles should have been live on NBC

Sydney McLaughlin is one of the most beautiful athletes ever, zero baggage, zero negativity, holds world records is accomplished and only 22

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You're a track & field fanatic though. The average person or casual track viewer doesn't know who that is.
The average person can’t name the stars in tack either. If I showed a picture of Shelly Ann and Allyson Felix to a random 25 Americans, I’d expect at best two people to identify at least one of them

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

You can say Sydney isnt being pushed heavy but perhaps that is by design on her part. The media don't do the big pushing without some form of cooperation/actively seeking it from the athletes side.

Remember she's been hyped and in the media spotlight since she was 15/16. She's probably bored of it all and rather do without it.