The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Please God do another best buy drop
Yea. I hope so too at a reasonable time. All the brehs who missed out would get one with their system in place. Bots avoid bestbuy. Too many obstacles. They can just easily snatch up walmart, gamestop etc stock.

Target is okay too with the local pickup but they aint seem to be dropping and need to add a 2 step verification and buying limit.

Daps
I recovered it so people can at least read the post

oh goodness :dead:

That reddit post had me :russ:.

These dudes don't understand economics.

Sony has to factor in research & development, marketing, cost of manufacturing, acquiring materials to build the PS5 etc.

Right now, they probably aren't making much if any $$$ on the consoles they sell.

Example: Disc version is sold for $499. Let's say the current cost to produce is $489. They sell 1 million consoles at $10 profit = $10 million.

When the cost to produce goes down...maybe they sell the Disc version for $399 but it only costs $299 to make. Despite lowering the price to consumers...they're making $100/console. Sell 1 million of those = $100 million profit.

The numbers aren't right but Playstation doesn't want to sell too many right now while the cost to produce is still high. Just enough to keep the hype going. Once the PS5 is cheaper to produce, then they'll try to sell as many as possible.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
:lawd: I think mad people gave up cause I got was signed out and everything and even with that I made it to check out hella fast.

Damn tis lit.

Built a 3090 PC a month ago and the PS5 comin. I'm good on gaming for this gen :whew:

yeah you just gotta keep refreshing no matter how long it takes. Even with best buy it took me 45 min before i got success. I feel dumb as hell going thru all these hoops but fukk it :russ:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Gamestop charging a grip for these bundles and they are still impossible to buy.