The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
:mjlol: where’s all the Larry fans who were so caught up on not having BC

The concern trolling and intentional misinterpretation of Mark Cerny's words regarding BC the last few months has been beyond amusing:russ:

Some of these dudes were out here talking about "PS5 will only play 100 PS4 games", "It'll play 99% of games but not necessarily at launch" "Sony lie and are anti-consumer" etc. :krs:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
wait I’m not sure if I’m following y’all correctly but you can only play PS4 games on the PS5 with the DS4???

pleeease tell me y’all are joking or are just simply unsure

why are they making this so fukking confusing/complicated smmfdh??

The ps4 (ds4) controller will work with the ps5 if you are playing ps5 games. The ps5 dual sense will also work with ps4 games. The ps4 controller will NOT work with ps5 games.

That’s what i got from it.

Daps
The ps4 (ds4) controller will work with the ps5 if you are playing ps5 games. The ps5 dual sense will also work with ps4 games. The ps4 controller will NOT work with ps5 games.

That’s what i got from it.
Who would want to use the ps4 controller for playing ps4 games after experiencing the dual sense?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i have to force feed you this info, bro. open wide.

You Can Transfer Your PS4 Games and Save Data to PS5

and

PlayStation Support

TL;DR

• You can transfer digital games AND saved data from the PS4 to the PS5 via WIFI data transfer (thank the good Lord!)

• Game boost mode confirmed for SELECT titles

• There is a list of 10 PS4 games that don't run on PS5. (There are likely other games that might have issues but these are confirmed to not be compatible)

• There's a vague reference to a "game hub" which I'm guessing will be a section in the main UI

• For the best experience possible Sony recommends using a DUALSHOCK 4 for playing PS4 games on the PS5

• The existing PS Official Platinum and Gold headsets will work with PS5

thank you for contacting us
G8BiusB.jpg
You will feed the thread

But not this nonsense

Sony said the save transfer is up to the developer.

Crushed.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
wait I’m not sure if I’m following y’all correctly but you can only play PS4 games on the PS5 with the DS4???

I read some bad info. Sony says you should use a DualShock 4 but seems to not be mandatory. It says for the best experience use the 4.
Sony finally details PS5 backward compatibility
I take that to mean there could be compatibility issues with using a DualSense on PS4 games.

I don't really plan to play many PS4 games on the 5 anyway. I plan to keep my 4 Pro.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

They said the DS5 controller will work on ps4 games but recommended you use a ds4 instead.

They also said a ds4 controller and a camera adapter will be required for psvr, the Ds5 and HD camera will not be compatible with it.

Negus in Detroit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They said the DS5 controller will work on ps4 games but recommended you use a ds4 instead.

They also said a ds4 controller and a camera adapter will be required for psvr, the Ds5 and HD camera will not be compatible with it.
That sucks looks like I’m going to cancel my PS5 camera preorder