The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My PS4 going on Ebay tonight bruh.

lmaoooooooooo

I’m still wait tho bcuz it sounds like there’s still some fine print shyt—
  • Although many PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, some functionalities that were available on the PS4 console may not be available on PS5 consoles. In addition, some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles.

• You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.

Last edited:
Daps
4rc7pvnswqr51.png
Mortal Kombat XI Ultimate is missing

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Check in advance

Some companies are going to charge or have some kind of stipulation to get a 5 upgrade

Like for control you have to buy the highest edition on the 4 to be eligible for a free 5 graphic upgrade.

They initially upgraded people who bought all dlc for free then changed their mind and stipulated having to buy a specific version of the game on the 4

Preciate it. I was gonna upgrade both me and my son’s PS4s to PS5s but since they’re scarce I’m only gonna get one. I wanna make sure he can play games on the 4 and I can play them on the 5 if possible.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
lmaoooooooooo

I’m still wait tho bcuz it sounds like there’s still some fine print shyt—
  • Although many PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, some functionalities that were available on the PS4 console may not be available on PS5 consoles. In addition, some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles.

• You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.

Typical covering your ass type of statements. Not a big deal.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Typical covering your ass type of statements.

I have no idea what this means in relation to the conversation

*edit*

ok nvm I get what you’re saying

well I hope that’s the case

I’m more interested in the 2nd bullet...I’d prefer to just upload/download saves across the PS4/PS5...the wifi transfer still requires connecting the consoles via LAN cable...granted this only affects me for TLOU2 and GoT...but for ppl with a lot of games saves who are gonna move on to the PS5 that could be a minor nuisance/inconvenience but ya not too big of a deal tho

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Do they explain how saves will.

ARE WE GONNA HAVE TO START WITCHER 3 OVER TO PLAY IN 4K?
i have to force feed you this info, bro. open wide.

You Can Transfer Your PS4 Games and Save Data to PS5

and

PlayStation Support

TL;DR

• You can transfer digital games AND saved data from the PS4 to the PS5 via WIFI data transfer (thank the good Lord!)

• Game boost mode confirmed for SELECT titles

• There is a list of 10 PS4 games that don't run on PS5. (There are likely other games that might have issues but these are confirmed to not be compatible)

• There's a vague reference to a "game hub" which I'm guessing will be a section in the main UI

• For the best experience possible Sony recommends using a DUALSHOCK 4 for playing PS4 games on the PS5

• The existing PS Official Platinum and Gold headsets will work with PS5

thank you for contacting us
G8BiusB.jpg

Last edited: