The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gotta give props to Sony for acting like a company that wants to give it's consumers a quality experience to keep them in the ecosystem.

I think people forget sony is a hardware/tech company first. They have always been one of the leaders in audio, so its good they are bringing all that to make playstation better. This is part of the reason the playstation brand has always thrived, sony always invested in the tech above all else, dvd/cds, blu rays, 4k, etc.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I think people forget sony is a hardware/tech company first. They have always been one of the leaders in audio, so its good they are bringing all that to make playstation better. This is part of the reason the playstation brand has always thrived, sony always invested in the tech above all else, dvd/cds, blu rays, 4k, etc.
The PS2 was my first DVD player :russ:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Maybe a resources thing. I would really like a port though, almost more than anything else right now
I don't ever wanna hear about resource problems with Sony when tiny teams have been able to accomplish so much across the board.
Sony has to do a better job of making themselves be taken more serious.
Their peripherals consistently get laughed out of the room because of their notorious lack of focus on supporting with strong first party content.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't ever wanna hear about resource problems with Sony when tiny teams have been able to accomplish so much across the board.
Sony has to do a better job of making themselves be taken more serious.
Their peripherals consistently get laughed out of the room because of their notorious lack of focus on supporting with strong first party content.

Thats my argument against them making a dedicated handheld. Games take too long to make and require too many resources to split development now

VR software eis going to be a problem unless the games are hybrid like GT7 or Resident Evil. Even now thinking about Astrobot i dont even know whether I’d rather have them try and bring some life to PSVR2 with a full blown sequel to Rescue Mission or not bother and making something everyone can play and make a bigger name for themselves with a standard console game. It feels like a lose lose trying to manage two platforms now a days.

Even nintendo with as fast as they’ve put out games on both console and handheld ended up going with one platform. Its too much

Does anyone realistically want to see naughty dog spend time making a VR game at this point?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Thats my argument against them making a dedicated handheld. Games take too long to make and require too many resources to split development now

VR software eis going to be a problem unless the games are hybrid like GT7 or Resident Evil. Even now thinking about Astrobot i dont even know whether I’d rather have them try and bring some life to PSVR2 with a full blown sequel to Rescue Mission or not bother and making something everyone can play and make a bigger name for themselves with a standard console game. It feels like a lose lose trying to manage two platforms now a days.

Even nintendo with as fast as they’ve put out games on both console and handheld ended up going with one platform. Its too much
I understand that, but Sony is a big boy now.
If you (Sony) don't have the time, resources, energy, or interest in fighting the uphill battle then don't even put out the peripheral to begin with.
Otherwise, you cheapen the brand overall.
I find it indefensible.
In terms of VR, I've argued that it's 100% worth it and a truly groundbreaking experience that you have to actually experience first hand to appreciate or even be qualified to comment for or against it in any way.
That doesn't change that Sony specifically needs to step up to the plate instead of continuing this track record of throwing something out there into the market seemingly for the hell of it. I understand the financial numbers game, but that's for them to figure out how to make it make sense. That's business and they've been around long enough to know that.
PSVR 2 has been out since march right?
Did Sony release a SINGLE first party game for it yet?
I guess the closest thing is Horizon Call Of The Mountain right?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I understand that, but Sony is a big boy now.
If you (Sony) don't have the time, resources, energy, or interest in fighting the uphill battle then don't even put out the peripheral to begin with.
Otherwise, you cheapen the brand overall.
I find it indefensible.
In terms of VR, I've argued that it's 100% worth it and a truly groundbreaking experience that you have to actually experience first hand to appreciate or even be qualified to comment for or against it in any way.
That doesn't change that Sony specifically needs to step up to the plate instead of continuing this track record of throwing something out there into the market seemingly for the hell of it. I understand the financial numbers game, but that's for them to figure out how to make it make sense. That's business and they've been around long enough to know that.
PSVR 2 has been out since march right?
Did Sony release a SINGLE first party game for it yet?
I guess the closest thing is Horizon Call Of The Mountain right?

Horizon and Firewall is technically a first party game.

I honestly think PSVR2 could get a big boost if they actually add some entertainment and social apps to it. Why is there no PSVRCHAT, PSVRHOME, PSVRCONCONCERT, sports, etc.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I agree, reason why I don’t buy it. It’s great tech but you gotta put up better quality games. Stuff like Astro Bot VR should be priority. If you are going to lack on the big names then you have to make it up elsewhere but the device is only limited to PS

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Horizon and Firewall is technically a first party game.

I honestly think PSVR2 could get a big boost if they actually add some entertainment and social apps to it. Why is there no PSVRCHAT, PSVRHOME, PSVRCONCONCERT, sports, etc.
For me...I don't need those social apps. I'm an introvert. I don't want to talk to people I know no less complete strangers in a VR space.
There's a strong library of games as is that make it worth it, don't get me wrong.
I'm more so complaining about Sony specifically not leading the charge the way they should to silence more of the doubters.