The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

This man posting all games with 60 FPS, it's possible on PS5 so is it Sony or the game companies?

Its up to the publisher to patch their games, there’s no more Japan Studio and there’s no incentive for Fromsoft to work on the game again without a contract. Bluepoint couldn’t even work on Demon’s Souls after release because their contract with sony expired.

If Bloodborne gets a patch it has to be done by one of Sonys current studios and Bluepoint might be busy.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Its up to the publisher to patch their games, there’s no more Japan Studio and there’s no incentive for Fromsoft to work on the game again without a contract. Bluepoint couldn’t even work on Demon’s Souls after release because their contract with sony expired.

If Bloodborne gets a patch it has to be done by one of Sonys current studios and Bluepoint might be busy.
it's worth it for Sony, the demand is so high. Hopefully one day they do it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS5 Streaming started today

XQGTUqz.jpg

You set the max resolution from the activity card: 720p, 1080, 1440p, 2160p.
Games seem to load your cloud saves directly.
Ps Plus Premium Members only?

Supported games:

GoW:R
Horizon Forbidden West
Fortnite,
Fall Guys
Destiny 2
Retrunal
Demon's Souls
Death Stranding
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Destruction All Stars
Fall Guys

Trials:
Demon Slayer
RE8

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
2K24, MK 1, Spider-Man 2 :blessed:

What other games should I look out for:jbhmm:
Disc or Discless?
Depends on how price conscience you are. If you are someone that still collects or you want to save a few bucks buying and selling games disc is obviously the way to go. But if you are mostly digital on pc it won’t really seem that different, theres a shyt ton of sales going on all the time, and the summer sale is going on right now with 100’s of games on there. Not to mention PS Plus is poppin for someone that skipped the ps4, almost every big game is on there.

Summer Sale:

Backward compatibility? (Will my old PS3 digital library hold it down on the PS5)
No. backwards compatibility is ps4 only, but there is cloud streaming for ps3,ps2, ps1, and psp games. You can also download the latter 3 when they’re available
Which version of Plus would give the best value?
If you don’t care about game trials and cloud gaming (which again includes all the above) then extra is your best bet. You can find the annual membership on sale for 75 dollars a couple times a year. It has mostly everything you would want to play it on it.

Refer to this thread:

Which exclusives I should check out (My eye on Gran Turismo 7, but like I said, I'm in the dark and PC gang)

Gran Turismo 7
Kena Bridge of Spirits
God of War & God of War Ragnarok
Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy
Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut
Bloodborne
Nioh 2
Sifu
Demon’s Souls
The Last of Us part 1 & 2
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Spider-Man (remastered), Spider-Man Miles Morales and soon Spider-Man 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Death Stranding Directors Cut
Detroit Become Human
Astro’s Playroom
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Final Fantasy XVI

Most of these are on PS Plus Extra

Maintenance ideas
Just keep it in a non-enclosed area, maybe every 6 months just remove the lid and give it a quick dusting. Get a 2tb SSD, they can be had for around 100 bucks, an extra dualsense and a docking station.