The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can I take the SSD I installed (now erased) in my PS5 and put it in a small bag (the same one I keep my switch in) and reinstall it/use it later?

…or does it have to be packaged a certain way to protect it?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can I take the SSD I installed (now erased) in my PS5 and put it in a small bag (the same one I keep my switch in) and reinstall it/use it later?

…or does it have to be packaged a certain way to protect it?

I don't think there is a right way, breh.

As I understand it, unused SSDs, regardless of how stored, will degrade over time since they don't have any voltage running through them. I think the "ideal" storage would be connecting the SSD to something, and not using it for much of anything.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the Forspoken delay, FFXVI nowhere to be seen and GoW: R maybe/probably getting delayed, looks likely it is going to a pretty bare few months for Playstation. They have a lot of studios making games right now but besides GoW:R and maybe ND's next release most of their first party stuff is 18 months plus out?

Big question now is about PSVR2 - will that get a delay considering the PS5 hardware situation or will we be getting a showcase in the coming months and the start of a heavy advertising campaign?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With the Forspoken delay, FFXVI nowhere to be seen and GoW: R maybe/probably getting delayed, looks likely it is going to a pretty bare few months for Playstation. They have a lot of studios making games right now but besides GoW:R and maybe ND's next release most of their first party stuff is 18 months plus out?

Big question now is about PSVR2 - will that get a delay considering the PS5 hardware situation or will we be getting a showcase in the coming months and the start of a heavy advertising campaign?

You can pretty much apply that sentiment around the board for the entire industry. Nintendo look like the one company with some kind of roadmap of releases for 2022 right now.

I dont see PSVR2 making it this year. I feel like the hardware shortages are gonna set it back a few months like steam deck. I know sony wants the holiday sales though.

We also have to remember that its only April, its not too late for announcements. Remember both Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima Directors cuts hadn’t been announced by this point last year, we didnt have dates for Deathloop and a bunch of other fall games either.

I expect that we will hear about Little Devil Inside, Stray, FF16, GoWR, by the end of next month. I’m certain sony has at least one big first party game outside of Ragnarok releasing also, theres no way they are realistically releasing one 1st party game this entire fiscal year, that would be a nightmare call to make to investors

leoc

All Star
Daps
picked up the ps5 today :blessed:, but is it worth getting an extended warranty? guy at the store was trying to sell it $80 for a year, $150 for 2 years, and said i got a month to come back and get it if I want. Never really bought an extended warranty before, but i don't know how reliable the ps5 is?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
picked up the ps5 today :blessed:, but is it worth getting an extended warranty? guy at the store was trying to sell it $80 for a year, $150 for 2 years, and said i got a month to come back and get it if I want. Never really bought an extended warranty before, but i don't know how reliable the ps5 is?

no…that’s there job…sounds like bestbuy…they’d try to sell you an extended warranty on a bag of chips if they could

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I caved and bought a PS5 from eBay a few days ago. Yeah, I paid way over retail for it but fukk it :manny:

I couldn't find available PS5s online anywhere else (Target, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, PlayStation Direct, etc) and I don't know when this "chip shortage" will end. It should have been sorted out by now, it's been 2 years.

I haven't personally owned a PlayStation console since the PS2, that's also why I said fukk it. Let me get back into the PS family (I've been Team Xbox since 2011, I own a 360 and Xbox One).

But I'm not one of those "stans". I like both PlayStation & Xbox. Anyways, my PS5 should arrive no later than Monday. I'm waiting on that UPS delivery like crazy :sadcam:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I caved and bought a PS5 from eBay a few days ago. Yeah, I paid way over retail for it but fukk it :manny:

I couldn't find available PS5s online anywhere else (Target, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, PlayStation Direct, etc) and I don't know when this "chip shortage" will end. It should have been sorted out by now, it's been 2 years.

I haven't personally owned a PlayStation console since the PS2, that's also why I said fukk it. Let me get back into the PS family (I've been Team Xbox since 2011, I own a 360 and Xbox One).

But I'm not one of those "stans". I like both PlayStation & Xbox. Anyways, my PS5 should arrive no later than Monday. I'm waiting on that UPS delivery like crazy :sadcam:

You don’t have to be a stan to play :mjlit:

You got a long list of piff to play….start with the PS Plus collection sony stuff