rsz_brandon_rios.jpg

WHO GOES TO SLEEP?

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I've been watching some vids on Rois and this fight is tailor made for Pacquiao. But I need to see the weight-ins so I know what type of shape they are will be in for the fight.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
As much as Bam Bam has a head made of concrete, he ain't gonna be able to keep up with Manny if Pacquiao is 100% focused and wasn't that affected by JMM's KO. But for some reason, I think Pacman just ain't the same anymore...and we know Rios is batshyt insane like Margarito when it comes to punishment, I just see him pulling some crazy :demonic: shyt and getting a stoppage :yeshrug:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
bam bam may have a hard head but he doesn't like it to the body..the only 2 times he's been knocked down was by body shots from a mexican journeyman who nearly took him out in the first round

Daps
Reppin
NULL
bam bam may have a hard head but he doesn't like it to the body..the only 2 times he's been knocked down was by body shots from a mexican journeyman who nearly took him out in the first round
He's been hurt up top too. The hype for this dude is laughable. He's a C class fighter. Dude hasn't beaten a single elite opponent but has lost to fellow C class fighters. If Pacquiao doesn't flatten him, he should retire.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquiao-brandon-rios-pay-per-view-monumental-172700028.html

Will the Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios Pay Per View Be a Monumental Flop?

Earlier this year when it was revealed that Manny Pacquiao and his team would be taking their boxing side show to Asia, full-time, it was understood that they would be doing so at the expense of their marketability in the U.S. However, it's quite possible that Team Pacquiao may be shocked at just how much of the American market they will actually end up losing because of their decision. As a matter of fact, business for the Filipino icon's next pay-per-view card could turn out to be downright pathetic for such a high-end event.

Scheduled for November 23 in Macau, China, Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios is an outstanding "must win" match-up for both fighters and a guaranteed action fight between two of boxing's best offensive stars. Still, the buy rate for this stellar bout could be shockingly low.

But the problem with selling Pacquiao-Rios will have nothing to do with the product, itself.

The fall of 2013 will likely go down as the strongest boxing season in recent memory with Pacquiao-Rios being one of the last big bouts in this amazing stretch. From mid-September to early December, a who's who of boxing's biggest names will be fighting -- from Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez, Bernard Hopkins, and Adrien Broner to Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, andJulio Cesar Chavez Jr. There are, literally, dozens of quality bouts signed with more being added all the time. What's troubling for Team Pacquiao, though, is the fact that there are already four pay-per-views planned -- and theirs is the last on the schedule.

On September 14, Golden Boy's "The One" is showing signs of being a monster seller with Mayweather-Alvarez heading a bill that also includes Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Mattyhsse.

On October 12, Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, will broadcast the Juan Manuel Marquez-Timothy Bradley card as a pay-per-view as well, surprising more than a few experts with the bold money grab so close to a big Pacquiao show.

Recently, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer announced that his company would be adding a November 9 event to the PPV schedule, billed by him as "a dream card of fights." The lineup is still very much at the rumor stage, but Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana is seeming quite possible as one of the co-headlining bouts.

The addition of a November 9 pay-per-view officially makes it four pay cards in the span of 10 weeks, assuming no independent show pops up between now and then, with Pacquiao's coming at the tail end and just about one month from Christmas.

Considering the timing and the aggressive sales push devoted to it, the easiest sell of the four shows will likely be Mayweather-Alvarez. After that, it's anybody's guess as to the buy rate of the three remaining events. Fans will be asked to dig deep into their pockets this fall and it remains to be seen whether the American fight fan, still struggling with a stagnant economy, can be nudged into a pugilistic buying frenzy.

In Pacquiao's case, fans will be asked to dig in just as Christmas shopping season begins. And Team Pacquiao will have to figure out how to make their sales pitch without the benefit of having their star on American soil, available to do countless public appearances and TV show drop-ins.

It could very well be the case that Pacquiao and his team are fully devoted to exploiting the rich Asian market now and consider any American dollar they get as pure bonus. If that's the case, then there's no problem with giving a half-effort in promoting a show buried in competition.

But if the American market is still important to Team Pacquiao, they may be in for a rude awakening when all the numbers are counted for Pacquiao-Rios. Manny has established plenty of good will with American fight fans, but it's always a mistake to take consumers for granted

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
Rios: F*** Max Kellerman and Everyone Counting Me Out! :pachaha:

Bam Bam Brandon Rios spent his Sunday afternoon hosting a charity event for his foundation Momentum 4 Life as well as Padres Contra Cancer in Westlake Village. Fans and supporters had the opportunity to mix and mingle with Rios with all proceeds from the event going to help both foundations.

While Rios was focused on his event, he still took time out to talk about boxing and his upcoming fight in China versus Manny Pacquiao on November 23rd. Rios is confident he will be victorious but he has been recently bothered by the critics not giving him a chance in this contest.

More recently he pointed out that after Ruslan Provodnikov defeated Mike Alvarado this past Saturday night, many were already talking if a Provodnikov and Pacquiao fight would be possible making it seem like a Pacquiao win over Rios was a foregone conclusion.

“F*** Max Kellerman, that motherf*****r and f*** everybody that’s talking about Pacquiao-Ruslan, they’re already counting me out! Everybody is counting me out. Everybody thinks I’m a tune up fight for Pacquiao. So Max Kellerman thinks that too so f*** that mother***er. He’s always talking sh*t, saying stuff in my face like ‘Oh Brandon, you’re this, this and that. You’ve won this and that’. He’s a f***ing pretender” fired off Rios as he spoke to BoxingScene.

“I don’t give a f*** if HBO makes you say sh*t or not, you don’t say [that type of] sh*t. Nobody makes me say sh*t but me. So at the end of the day that’s f****ing bulls**t”.

Rios mentions a lot of media members are guilty of the same thing as well as doubting what he will be able to do against Pacquiao. Despite all the doubts, Rios reminds he will prove everyone wrong in November and that he’s never an easy out for anyone.

“They’re counting me out. Everybody is going to find out November 23rd, don’t count this motherf***er out because this mother****er is not easy to go. He’s a rock solid mother***er and he comes to fight. He comes with his balls and he’s ready. I’m going to show everyone to never count me out” stated Rios.

The Pacquiao fight is 5 weeks away and Rios already looks to be in great shape.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquiao-brandon-rios-pay-per-view-monumental-172700028.html

Will the Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios Pay Per View Be a Monumental Flop?

Earlier this year when it was revealed that Manny Pacquiao and his team would be taking their boxing side show to Asia, full-time, it was understood that they would be doing so at the expense of their marketability in the U.S. However, it's quite possible that Team Pacquiao may be shocked at just how much of the American market they will actually end up losing because of their decision. As a matter of fact, business for the Filipino icon's next pay-per-view card could turn out to be downright pathetic for such a high-end event.

Scheduled for November 23 in Macau, China, Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios is an outstanding "must win" match-up for both fighters and a guaranteed action fight between two of boxing's best offensive stars. Still, the buy rate for this stellar bout could be shockingly low.

But the problem with selling Pacquiao-Rios will have nothing to do with the product, itself.

The fall of 2013 will likely go down as the strongest boxing season in recent memory with Pacquiao-Rios being one of the last big bouts in this amazing stretch. From mid-September to early December, a who's who of boxing's biggest names will be fighting -- from Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez, Bernard Hopkins, and Adrien Broner to Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, andJulio Cesar Chavez Jr. There are, literally, dozens of quality bouts signed with more being added all the time. What's troubling for Team Pacquiao, though, is the fact that there are already four pay-per-views planned -- and theirs is the last on the schedule.

On September 14, Golden Boy's "The One" is showing signs of being a monster seller with Mayweather-Alvarez heading a bill that also includes Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Mattyhsse.

On October 12, Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, will broadcast the Juan Manuel Marquez-Timothy Bradley card as a pay-per-view as well, surprising more than a few experts with the bold money grab so close to a big Pacquiao show.

Recently, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer announced that his company would be adding a November 9 event to the PPV schedule, billed by him as "a dream card of fights." The lineup is still very much at the rumor stage, but Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana is seeming quite possible as one of the co-headlining bouts.

The addition of a November 9 pay-per-view officially makes it four pay cards in the span of 10 weeks, assuming no independent show pops up between now and then, with Pacquiao's coming at the tail end and just about one month from Christmas.

Considering the timing and the aggressive sales push devoted to it, the easiest sell of the four shows will likely be Mayweather-Alvarez. After that, it's anybody's guess as to the buy rate of the three remaining events. Fans will be asked to dig deep into their pockets this fall and it remains to be seen whether the American fight fan, still struggling with a stagnant economy, can be nudged into a pugilistic buying frenzy.

In Pacquiao's case, fans will be asked to dig in just as Christmas shopping season begins. And Team Pacquiao will have to figure out how to make their sales pitch without the benefit of having their star on American soil, available to do countless public appearances and TV show drop-ins.

It could very well be the case that Pacquiao and his team are fully devoted to exploiting the rich Asian market now and consider any American dollar they get as pure bonus. If that's the case, then there's no problem with giving a half-effort in promoting a show buried in competition.

But if the American market is still important to Team Pacquiao, they may be in for a rude awakening when all the numbers are counted for Pacquiao-Rios. Manny has established plenty of good will with American fight fans, but it's always a mistake to take consumers for granted

:ahh: