The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The thing with the call is that there was a narrow window to execute it. After they told him to carry on, that window closed. From then on it was about track position. Of course he would have been caught by Perez but it wasn't going to be 10 laps of defense. At any rate, force them to make the pass on track rather. Both decisions required a hero drive, but pitting forced Lewis to have to be the aggressor if there was any hope of getting that podium back.
I agree. That's what I'm saying, I think the call was right to pit, but should've been earlier. Him staying out would've been a bad idea IMO.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's so hard to grasp about him still finishing 5th regardless of either decision? Like I said, he shouldn't have stayed out. Good chance his tires would've fallen off a cliff.

Now you completely omit that fact it could have been 4th or third if he stayed out

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I feel like 5th was the best Lewis was going to do that race. That battle between Perez and Hamilton should be how Max and Lewis race, hard but fair racing. But I don't think that same battle plays out without a collision if it's Max in that car instead of Perez.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also if Merc was so Locked on the strategy, why not pit Lewis after he didn't get past Perez?

fukking nonsense

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw an interview with Toto and he was asked specifically about this and said their models showed hamilton would have definitely been caught by leclerc, perez and possibly even gasly...

:yeshrug:

Personally I think he would have managed to cling on to 4th

I've got a good feeling about the rest of the championship though. Merc pace today was frightening, definitely been some performance upgrades recently

Something tells me their package may be coming together at just the right moment

:blessed:

Last edited:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Love max but I desperately need lewis to catch another title so he's set apart from michael

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol was just coming to post this. Whether they are shook or just playing the game is interesting, but it seems Merc has found something to make Red Bull very worried.

In Turkey was the first time Merc was able to run higher downforce and not have to sacrifice too much straight line speed. Hope it's a good sign for future races.

If Lewis is within 2 tenths or Merc is ahead in Mexico, Red Bull is fukked.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Nah lol fukk that Lewis.

fukk Merc and that lame strategy horse they rode in on.

:russ:

Just kidding, before I get roasted.
:mjlol: hindsight talking here, but they should have been telling him about that 5 lap graining period, or whatever, rather than after Danny Ric pitting just saying he's slower on new inters. By the time they wanted to call him in they would have had that data. Breakdown in communication.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I was heated at the late pitstop too, but in hindsight perhaps it was best. Pirelli reps are saying they saw his tires at the end, and that he might not have made it despite Ocon doing so. Maybe we'll look back to this being the moment the championship was saved. A six point deficit with six races to go is essentially a tie.