The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

calh45

Cal
Daps
Yeah, he overheated the new inters on the outlap. I think was the right call though. Just didn't work out.

Good job by Bottas.
Nah. The inters have a weird few laps where they're garbage. Jenson Button said it a few times and Mercedes did it anyway.

Ocon stayed out but there's a huge difference between him and Lewis.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nah. The inters have a weird few laps where they're garbage. Jenson Button said it a few times and Mercedes did it anyway.

Ocon stayed out but there's a huge difference between him and Lewis.
Yes, they have that weird stage because they overheat if you push 100% on the outlap which both and he and Leclerc did. Sainz didn't have have that issue.

There is a difference, but I can't see him holding off Checo and Leclerc given his pace at the time.

Again, I understand the call. Just like Sochi it could've gone either way. I guess if you're Lewis you have enough innate confidence to finish that race all the way through which is also understandable.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, they have that weird stage because they overheat if you push 100% on the outlap which both and he and Leclerc did. Sainz didn't have have that issue.

There is a difference, but I can't see him holding off Checo and Leclerc given his pace at the time.

Again, I understand the call. Just like Sochi it could've gone either way. I guess if you're Lewis you have enough innate confidence to finish that race all the way through which is also understandable.

They were coming at a second a lap, and would have caught him with a couple of laps to go at best. One lap to go at worse. Still not contending for wake and Perez battling with Leclerc.

Gasly wasn't going to catch him. Merc made the decision based on their last safe pit stop window before Gasly would have made a pitstop impossible, not on the possibility of Gasly catching Lewis before the end of the race.

Stop the I understand bullshyt. Lewis' worse result would have been 5th.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They were coming at a second a lap, and would have caught him with a couple of laps to go at best. One lap to go at worse. Still not contending for wake and Perez battling with Leclerc.

Gasly wasn't going to catch him. Merc made the decision based on their last safe pit stop window before Gasly would have made a pitstop impossible, not on the possibility of Gasly catching Lewis before the end of the race.

Stop the I understand bullshyt. Lewis' worse resultwould have been 5th.
No. I'm not because it was a valid call. If Lewis had to play defense for 8-10 more laps, those tires would've been toast even for Lewis.

If anything they could've pitted earlier, let the tires go through the graining phase, and then let him push hard to the end.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I waited two weeks for this bullshyt from Merc. An easy 1-3 thrown away. The championship better not come down to these squandered points.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. I'm not because it was a valid call. If Lewis had to play defense for 8-10 more laps, those tires would've been toast even for Lewis.

If anything they could've pitted earlier, let the tires go through the graining phase, and then let him push hard to the end.
Listen to yourself.

There were already 8 laps to go. Hamilton's gap to Leclerc was 10 seconds. What defense would he have been playing up until Leclerc got to him?

So Perez and Leclerc pass...he is still 5th.
What's so hard to grasp about that?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

The thing with the call is that there was a narrow window to execute it. After they told him to carry on, that window closed. From then on it was about track position. Of course he would have been caught by Perez but it wasn't going to be 10 laps of defense. At any rate, force them to make the pass on track rather. Both decisions required a hero drive, but pitting forced Lewis to have to be the aggressor if there was any hope of getting that podium back.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@DIO Brando Sky is reporting that Mercedes wanted to DERISK the situation and LOCK IN 5TH PLACE!!!

You hear this shyte?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Listen to yourself.

There were already 8 laps to go. Hamilton's gap to Leclerc was 10 seconds. What defense would he have been playing up until Leclerc got to him?

So Perez and Leclerc pass...he is still 5th.
What's so hard to grasp about that?
What's so hard to grasp about him still finishing 5th regardless of either decision? Like I said, he shouldn't have stayed out. Good chance his tires would've fallen off a cliff.