Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is gonna be a good core of the 2026 USMNT World Cup team. Mix in Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Josh Sargent, & Zack Steffen. They could very well have a good team that can compete.

Between now and 2026 a lot can happen, but the future does look much brighter then it did after the World Cup qualifying failure.

@LinusCaldwell You keeping up on this?
THAT COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY LETS GO!

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
This is gonna be a good core of the 2026 USMNT World Cup team. Mix in Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Josh Sargent, & Zack Steffen. They could very well have a good team that can compete.

Between now and 2026 a lot can happen, but the future does look much brighter then it did after the World Cup qualifying failure.

Soto should of been playing for us :francis:

Now he scoring a brace to knock out France :wow:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Only a dream if they get rid of Ozil, but that would be a good start to rebuilding that squad.

Ozil not going anywhere :ufdup:

He's getting £350k p/w..loves living in London and has business interests in the city now...He also G checked Emery and allegedly told him he's not a coach..he's the captain now

Another year of back spasms and getting the finest Doner Kebab from Green Lanes while stacking Ps:ahh:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but it don't always work out like that.

Now the channels for these guys to get to Europe and develop further are better than 12 years ago, but U20 success is no quarantee of senior NT status.

Sidenote: I thought Szetela was gonna be a beast. He couldn't even survive in MLS. :francis:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Soto should of been playing for us :francis:

Now he scoring a brace to knock out France :wow:

Is this Coke? A few of these guys could be playing for Mexico. Pray that El Tri doesn’t try stealing soon.

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but it don't always work out like that.

Now the channels for these guys to get to Europe and develop further are better than 12 years ago, but U20 success is no quarantee of senior NT status.

Sidenote: I thought Szetela was gonna be a beast. He couldn't even survive in MLS. :francis:

It really isn't a buzzkill. What you posted is very true. Nothing is guaranteed and the majority of these players could flop for country and club at the senior level. Which is why I said “between now and then a lot could happen.”

Regardless of what the future holds the US youth are receiving better coaching and taking more risk overseas instead of wasting away in college and MLS.

As someone who has been following the USMNT since ‘94 it’s just a relief to see guys who can build up an attack from their own 18 without relying on boot ball and being scrappy.

Last edited:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Is this Coke? A few of these guys could be playing for Mexico. Pray that El Tri doesn’t try stealing soon.

It really a buzzkill. What you posted is very true. Nothing is guaranteed and the majority of these players could flop for country and club at the senior level. Which is why I said “between now and then a lot could happen.”

Regardless of what the future holds the US youth are receiving better coaching and taking more risk overseas instead of wasting away in college and MLS.

As someone who has been following the USMNT since ‘94 it’s just a relief to see guys who can build up an attack from their own 18 without relying on boot ball and being scrappy.
Yeah it’s me, I read a little about the team, and it says they have 7 Mexicans on the team, this can only make Mexico look bad when they just had the worse results in their Un20 World Cup history :mjlol:

I’m pretty sure Mexico gonna be keeping a real close eye on them to see if they can do a Bayern and try and steal a player they want :jawalrus: