Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Anwar El Ghazi & Tammy gotta be like :patrice: afterwards....they gonna stay? Cause one of the reasons Villa got bushed in 2016 was cause they failed to replace those who left..but we'll see:hubie:

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
It’s funny, this game, which is limited to teams ranked between 3 and 6 in the second tier, has become the biggest and most meaningful “final” in English soccer. In comparison, no one cared about the league cup or FA cup finals this year. It seems like a bigger deal to win this game than to actually win the championship in a lot of ways.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I see the Winners of the Championship Playoff, stuck to usual form. :ehh:

The team who makes the late run after not being in the playoff spots for majority of the season goes up.
That's why I love the play-offs, on the low-low..it's bullshyt for the third placed team especially imagine if they were level with the second place team and lost out on goal difference and you still have to duke it out with the teams below you and you get smacked up by them, then you have to go through another 40+ season again:bryan:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Now it's time for the UEFA competitions to showcase more mayhem :mjlit:

With Chelsea & Tottenham winning :mjcry: Actually I would be content with Chelsea winning to be honest so Arsenal can join us but with the Chelsea injuries no way they beat the gooners:skip:..all Summer getting bantered by Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and ARSENAL fans :snoop:...hell Wolves fans might banter us at this rate :martin:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That's why I love the play-offs, on the low-low..it's bullshyt for the third placed team especially imagine if they were level with the second place team and lost out on goal difference and you still have to duke it out with the teams below you and you get smacked up by them, then you have to go through another 40+ season again:bryan:

Yeah it can harsh, but other countries have playoffs too, so it isn't that dissimilar to elsewhere. And it's far better than say the relegation playoff, that Germany have. When you have the 3rd best team in tier 2 face the 3rd worst in tier 1. Basically rewarding tier 1 shytness for the season. :scust: