Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Nah. I can't waste time arguing whether or not a historic 32 goal season was great enough. Plus Mahrez wasn't even the best player on his own team. This thread deserves better bantz than that.

Madrid is in 9 days.

What was so historic about it?

What did he win, did he win the trophy Liverpool won this year, the "hearts and minds" trophy.

Mahrez was a beast that season and won the league. Just because you guys don't win it doesn't mean you should move the goalposts as to what is a real historic season.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
She has never won a world cup? :ohhh:

She’s the leading scorer in Women’s WC history, but she’s never won. The closest she’s got was the Final in 2007.

Nope.

USA or France.

Crazy to think France could have both men’s and women’s at the same time.

Brazil as a country failed Marta.

Women’s football is like the Olympics to me. I only care about the sport once every four years, I barely know anybody involved, and I blindly cheer for the Brazilians. France could have the female equivalent of the ‘98 men’s squad and I would have no clue.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
She’s the leading scorer in Women’s WC history, but she’s never won. The closest she’s got was the Final in 2007.

Women’s football is like the Olympics to me. I only care about the sport once every four years, I barely know anybody involved, and I blindly cheer for the Brazilians. France could have the female equivalent of the ‘98 men’s squad and I would have no clue.

No idea who is on the French team. Just know that they are supposed to be good.

Only semi follow the US women's team. Their fanbase and some of their players mainly ones from the past I can't stand. Every 4 years though I'll be cheering them on though.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I seen her on the street along with the women's national team. They're pretty nice, what's crazy is not alot or people recognised them.
Should have took your shot

giphy.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
U-20 World Cup just kicked off :ehh:

I'll be looking forward to that Nigeria vs USA game.

U-20 is good to see the next generation of talent come through. I'm telling guys that football is giving us year round entertainment. We haven't even gotten to Copa America, AFCON, Nations League or U21 Euros :wow:
Fun fact but Nigeria is the 5 time U-17 WC Champion and 3 time runner's up because we always field grown men :russ:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

No idea who is on the French team. Just know that they are supposed to be good.

Only semi follow the US women's team. Their fanbase and some of their players mainly ones from the past I can't stand. Every 4 years though I'll be cheering them on though.

The best women's club team is Lyon. They have 7 players in the French squad.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
How good is Moussa Dembele?:lupe:

I don't really want to lose Lukaku. :lupe:
He has his limitations but would definitely take him leading the line over Rashford.:francis:

He is good, had a great 2nd half of the season. But seems to be a bit injury prone, hopefully that is more growing pains then French Daniel Sturridge.

Cut your loses with Lukaku, he didn't even want to join you in the first place.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
U-20 World Cup just kicked off :ehh:

I'll be looking forward to that Nigeria vs USA game.

U-20 is good to see the next generation of talent come through. I'm telling guys that football is giving us year round entertainment. We haven't even gotten to Copa America, AFCON, Nations League or U21 Euros :wow:
Fun fact but Nigeria is the 5 time U-17 WC Champion and 3 time runner's up because we always field grown men :russ:

While true, they don't have the physical advantages gap at u20 level, like they did at u17.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
He is good, had a great 2nd half of the season. But seems to be a bit injury prone, hopefully that is more growing pains then French Daniel Sturridge.

Cut your loses with Lukaku, he didn't even want to join you in the first place.
That's a lot of money to lose though. :francis:

No one's going to pay even £50m for Rom.