Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
if koulibaly goes to liverpool its a wrap :mjcry:
Sunderland-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
That squad and their manager are extremely likeable, and I root for them most of the time.

But Liverpool's white fans are terrible, and I've done enough reading to know that they've been terrible for a long time and have a reputation for racism, violence and destruction. I bet that's what turns a lot of folks off.

(Not counting the Everton and United fans who were born hating Liverpool because it's in their DNA.)
Same way I feel about Chelsea too. I don’t know how anyone can be black and support either team... it’s like when I see black fans of the Celtics/Patriots.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
This is a good counter-argument. I do note two things:

1. The book was written a decade ago, so a lot has changed since then from what I can tell and you may be right that the imbalance is going away.

2. The authors of the book noted that if racist discrimination among clubs goes away, you'll see more black players who cost as much as equally-good white players (so like Pogba and VVD's cost).

So yeah, I see why you disagree and I see how maybe this idea might have been true even a decade ago, but not so much now. :salute:

Even before that black players weren't strangers to big money moves breh. Check the transfer records in the 80s, 90s and 2000s. Ruud Gullit..Luther Blissett..Stan Collymore..Andy Cole..Denilson..Anelka etc

Before VVD you had Mendy, Walker, Rio, Thuram

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Honestly brehs now I've had some time to settle this shyt really crazy, just as a pure sporting event that was pretty special to watch, your own team even better, most nikkas be lucky to experience European magic like that once but for us it's just normal :wow:

Tonight :ohlawd:
Istanbul :mjcry:
Olympiacos :wow:
Dortmund 2nd leg :mindblown:
Madrid 5-0 over 2 legs in 09 :birdman:
City last season :demonic:
That crazy ass Uefa Cup final back in the day :pachaha:
Stevie coming on at halftime and getting the hatty against Napoli :banderas:

I could go on and on :wow: my bro who supports city (real one no @Yayo Toure :mjpls:) was giving me shyt all week about how it was over, I told him I seen it done against a better team than this Barca with a much worse team than we have now in a half, 90 minutes at Anfield is lightwork :birdman:

Hearing the atmosphere, the way we were on them nikkas from the first kick, when that early goal went in you just knew it was never in doubt :ohlawd: that's what European excellence and pedigree is right there, some of us have it

TELEMMGLPICT000159612466_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqC3_kSeTIOhA_2EmUwrnnGYCFl3vgdGjGzKz6RzXLZ4U.jpeg

some of us are plastic and don't so claim it don't matter :mjpls:

960.jpg