Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I am currently reading a book that covers the history of the game in England, and it's very clear about how hard it was for black players to break into teams and how openly racist people were toward black players. It also argues that because of continued discrimination and racism toward black players, buying good black players will be a canny move for teams who want to win on a budget because those players cost less due to racism.

And I look at Liverpool, which has definitely shelled out cash, but which also gets contributions from black players who aren't the cost of VVD like Winaldjum and Origi and that they're starting an African in their front three, and who are a club that most people agree has spent cannily even for such a big club (especially compared to the cash that PSG, Man City, and Man United have thrown around at the same time) and I truly believe that someone in Liverpool's executive knows that black players and any players from the African continent who aren't white are being badly undervalued because of racism and has taken advantage of that in the last few transfer windows and in their general player recruitment.

id agree, but most big european clubs nowadays have black players

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I am currently reading a book that covers the history of the game in England, and it's very clear about how hard it was for black players to break into teams and how openly racist people were toward black players. It also argues that because of continued discrimination and racism toward black players, buying good black players will be a canny move for teams who want to win on a budget because those players cost less due to racism.

And I look at Liverpool, which has definitely shelled out cash, but which also gets contributions from black players who aren't the cost of VVD like Winaldjum and Origi and that they're starting an African in their front three, and who are a club that most people agree has spent cannily even for such a big club (especially compared to the cash that PSG, Man City, and Man United have thrown around at the same time) and I truly believe that someone in Liverpool's executive knows that black players and any players from the African continent who aren't white are being badly undervalued because of racism and has taken advantage of that in the last few transfer windows and in their general player recruitment.

Nah.

Last edited:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
breh
Madrid bout to poach Pogba and Hazard your league's two most talented players

Barca bout to retool and spend some nations gdp. Liverpool winning the finals but Liverpool are a historically strong champions league team and the current team has alot of dogs in them. These other English teams are not built for CL.
act like Liverpool isn't by far the best english team of all time in europe. when Bayern was doing great in the CL, nobody was talking about the dominant German league.

pl fanboys are bout to be on overdrive.

They don't know what's coming to them next year:wow:

When Getafe knock out Chelsea :wow:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Course you nikkas still ain’t gonna give us our respect, Bobby F Baby out, Momo out, 3 down, against the ‘best ever’ :mjpls: concede one and we need 5, came out straight from the start let them know what time it was :birdman: commitment drive skill from the start :ohlawd: Robbo off at halftime, didn’t even need extra time and nikkas gonna claim they choked :ufdup:

Nah we ain’t having that today :pacspit:

Got most my Pool nikkas, anyone else I missed come get this rep :blessed:

Ramadan Duas bro :to:

Rottweiler

All Star
Daps
Imagine a Tottenham-Liverpool final :hhh:
tumblr_inline_mpzjqxpiga1qc9lhz.gif

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Never forget...

giphy.gif
what does Dembele have to to with this?

and tbh Neymar at 21 playing for Barca was NOT better than Dembele(21) right now
Dembele has equaled his goal tallies that season while only playing half the minutes Neymar did. most of the time not in his preferred position. lets chat about it :mjpls:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Wow, congratulations to Liverpool I thought they had no chance overturning a 3 goal deficit. Barcelona :mjlol: tell me more about the mental strength and leadership skills of the "GOAT" :umad: A Cronaldo led team would never crumble like that, surrendering a 3 goal lead. And Messi, this is the second time after Roma

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
That squad and their manager are extremely likeable, and I root for them most of the time.

But Liverpool's white fans are terrible, and I've done enough reading to know that they've been terrible for a long time and have a reputation for racism, violence and destruction. I bet that's what turns a lot of folks off.

(Not counting the Everton and United fans who were born hating Liverpool because it's in their DNA.)
Respect breh. In truth, as an American who didn't grow up watching football, overcoming the racism embedded in football was the biggest reason I didn't get into it. I still remember that HBO Real Sports special about racism in European football(featuring Henry I believe). But eventually the beautiful game won me over. Ironically the past 6 years I've been following hardcore, Chelsea seems to have the most racist supporters by a mile. I found that interesting because it seemed like most brehs rooted for them or Arsenal. But I can't let racists ruin sports for me. I'm sure my favorite NBA and NFL teams have tons of racists fans as well.