Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
man city compete in a tougher domestic league and made more noise in europe than psg
Whilst I agree it is tougher, their main goal has been European success and they’ve only reached the Semi Finals once, ironically under Manuel Pellegrini... the final season before Pep replaced him.

I wouldn’t say City have made “more noise.” They’ve been knocked out by Monaco, Liverpool and Tottenham since Pep took over. What big team have City defeated in the knockout phase?

Ajax have made more noise this year by knocking out Real Madrid and Juventus then City have in years. No hate, just stating facts.

PSG and City are around the same level in the CL.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I just dont see it with Guendouzi...I don't think he has any real outstanding qualities yet keeps getting starts.

He's industrious. Does the dirty work...basically a proto-Torierra. if he figures out long passing the kid would be a SERIOUS threat.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Whilst I agree it is tougher, their main goal has been European success and they’ve only reached the Semi Finals once, ironically under Manuel Pellegrini... the final season before Pep replaced him.

I wouldn’t say City have made “more noise.” They’ve been knocked out by Monaco, Liverpool and Tottenham since Pep took over. What big team have City defeated in the knockout phase?

Ajax have made more noise this year by knocking out Real Madrid and Juventus then City have in years. No hate, just stating facts.

PSG and City are around the same level in the CL.
Giving up 6 in the second leg to Barca puts PSG in their own damn level breh.
:francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Of course a Madrid paper would post an article that has 2 of Reals targets on the front.

:sas2:

I say the Qataris don't pull out from PSG till after the World Cup. Also PSG should at least be self sustainable by now, with the revenue they make. Even if those numbers are cooked by Qatari sponsorship deals.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I just read the headlines but it seems that Qatari Emir is heated because the whole PSG organization players to higher ups are acting like clowns and making him look bad. I guess the whole point of buying a team was to flex and get prestige but PSG somehow managed to blow that.

He is right, people are taking the piss. But he also has to understand, they cannot win the domestic cups every year, like they have done the past 4-5 years. 4 French FA cups and 5 League cups before this season.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Apparently Qatar Sports Investments wanna buy a club in England...Leeds and Aston Villa are options :skip:

The Eleven Sports guy who owns Leeds, doesn't have the money to properly compete. And Villa got taken over again what late last year, earlier this year? I doubt they would be allowed to sell the club again so sooner? But then again it's the FA and just look at Bolton :hhh: . Fit and Proper test is a phucking joke.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I know but they themselves provide no further evidence. Just speculation. Hey results have been embarrasing so QSI must be considering pulling the plug.

It just doesn't make sense before the World Cup, which they have been embargoed on by both UAE and Saudi and have been running way over budget by hundreds of millions per day.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Apparently Qatar Sports Investments wanna buy a club in England...Leeds and Aston Villa are options :skip:

As well as QPR and Forest.

It's like his son has recently introduced him to Football Manager and Career Mode on Fifa.

Hey Papa, look at my Forest Green career mode on FIFA, I took them from Div 2 to the PL. Using financial takeovers every season :skip: