Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Back to irrelevance they go

tenor.gif

Daps
they've been getting destroyed on twitter for this and their cheap ass CL coverage. i wish NBCSN would purchase the rights.

Fox Sports was perfect because when multiple games were being played at the same time in CL or Europa, they'd put one game on FS1 and the other on FS2.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Fox Sports was perfect because when multiple games were being played at the same time in CL or Europa, they'd put one game on FS1 and the other on FS2.

Been told you guys that the Univision channels have all the games. The Arsenal game was on Unimas, which is a free, over the air in most markets, every matchday had at least one match aired, and they been airing CL matches on Univision, which free, over the air almost everywhere.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I mean I guess you could say the same thing about Fox and them putting it on Fox Soccer Plus. I just assume NBC would put it on NBCSN based on how much respect they've given towards their EPL coverage.

You American/UK bruhs are lucky, we're not getting CL coverage anymore unless you buy DAZN. They have the rights for coverage all across Canada, and they're not even our main sports provider.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Hate to say it. But maybe the best network that can pull it off is ESPN. You have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, and ESPN News. Final could be on ABC. I could be wrong but anything is better than TNT.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

City have had that Arab money for over ten years... billions and Pep later, they still haven’t reached a Champions League final. :manny:

Then you look at a club like Ajax who are on their way to a CL final in over 20 years, with other clubs with less money who have won it over time, it goes to show that money is only part of the equation.

You simply can’t buy prestige.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
City have had that Arab money for over ten years... billions and Pep later, they still haven’t reached a Champions League final. :manny:

Then you look at a club like Ajax who are on their way to a CL final in over 20 years, with other clubs with less money who have won it over time, it goes to show that money is only part of the equation.

You simply can’t buy prestige.
I just read the headlines but it seems that Qatari Emir is heated because the whole PSG organization players to higher ups are acting like clowns and making him look bad. I guess the whole point of buying a team was to flex and get prestige but PSG somehow managed to blow that.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
makes the achievements of chelsea and man city look all the more greater
Chelsea, yes. They’ve reached two CL finals and won one... but City? Yes they’ve won the league three times and are on their way to a fourth but they’ve yet to reach a CL final... hence why they’ve spent all that money and got Pep. That’s failure in their eyes.

When the likes of Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Liverpool etc have had European success and have gotten further with less money, it really does put the spotlight on both City and PSG.

I just read the headlines but it seems that Qatari Emir is heated because the whole PSG organization players to higher ups are acting like clowns and making him look bad. I guess the whole point of buying a team was to flex and get prestige but PSG somehow managed to blow that.
After squandering their leads to Barcelona, Real and even worse, Man Utd... I would be embarrassed too.

Like it take a lot more than durags to get you waves

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Chelsea, yes. They’ve reached two CL finals and won one... but City? Yes they’ve won the league three times and are on their way to a fourth but they’ve yet to reach a CL final... hence why they’ve spent all that money and got Pep. That’s failure in their eyes.

When the likes of Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Inter Milan, Liverpool etc have had European success and have gotten further with less money, it really does put the spotlight on both City and PSG.

After squandering their leads to Barcelona, Real and even worse, Man Utd... I would be embarrassed too.

Like it take a lot more than durags to get you waves

man city compete in a tougher domestic league and made more noise in europe than psg