Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Switch

All Star
Daps
Sarri has to go. His obsession for Jorginho and refusal to bench Pedro. I'm not going to say you can't play a Regista in English football (see Michael Carrick), but man the guy is stubborn

He is but that entire dressing room is rotten, how is your keeper going to undermine you like that in a cup final? :dwillhuh:

Mind I’m not a Chelsea fan so whatever

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sarri has to go. His obsession for Jorginho and refusal to bench Pedro. I'm not going to say you can't play a Regista in English football (see Michael Carrick), but man the guy is stubborn

You can, you just got to know that you have to release the ball quicker and move a lot more than in Italy.

calh45

Cal
Daps
i mean even if it was someone else outside of kante, jorginho is his golden boy and would still do the same.

do you guys even know Koulibaly balled out with Sarii at Napoli right?

I do. Just on first read I did have to pause and consider it for the first few minutes while I worked it out.

I'm mostly out on Sarri for how he shifted Kante somewhere else for a guy that's worse. That's the sign of a coach that's not about looking for anything except to play only his way. Those types of coaches have short shelf lives. He did the same to Hazard for a bit too.

hommeaetage

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
He is but that entire dressing room is rotten, how is your keeper going to undermine you like that in a cup final? :dwillhuh:

Mind I’m not a Chelsea fan so whatever
I agree that most of the squad need a overhaul. But the thing is even with a new squad I don't see Sarri winning anything (at least not in the big leagues)
He's an ideologue (like Bielsa). You can't like this in modern football

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Kepa's a disrespectful a$$hole and all, but we're really going to ignore Sarri's only begotten son Jorginho and David Luiz missing penalties?

Kepa's not the (only) reason they lost.
kepa isn't the reason they lost, you can only ask for one save. the brazilian duo is why they lost the shootout.