Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If I was going to point out one player who made me see the beauty in world-class defending in football, it would be Kante. That sequence a minute ago is a perfect example of why.
Breh looking like an elite defensive and attacking mid out there. Fantastic performance.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi need to play more minutes. I don't understand how this can't be obvious to Sarri.

RLC turn was better than anything Kovacic has done all season. RLC problem is he always picks up 1-2 month injuries, just when he is hitting momentum.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
These PL schedulers need to stop putting these big matches before/after CL games.

1. English clubs will find it harder to challenge in the CL
2. Stalesmates in PL games
3. Injuries.

Unless of course the PL wants these clubs to buy buy buy. :ohhh:

The perils of having more competitive teams.

Sidebar, The PL doesn't even care about the English FA, they all about their brand. :manny:

niguez

All Star
Daps
He does play Kante out of position in favor of Jorginho and doesnt have an alternative to Rudiger. I'm not saying ole boy is correct but I did pause to think about it for a second.

i mean even if it was someone else outside of kante, jorginho is his golden boy and would still do the same.

do you guys even know Koulibaly balled out with Sarii at Napoli right?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Could be that sarri is :mjpls: but when coaches are under presurre they tend put more trust on the veterans than the youngters. Add to the fact that in napoli he always played the same side baring injury.:yeshrug:same with chelsea