Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London

Makes a lot of sense. :ehh:

If you could modify one thing about football to improve the sport, what would it be :jbhmm:

-Add one more player for 12v12 ?
-Make the posts wider ?
-Make the pitch smaller ?
-3 yellow cards = 1 red card ?
-"2 Goal Line" ?
-Push the penalty spot further out?

We've seen other sports (American Football and Basketball) modify their rules to differing effects. Football has been pretty steady state for the most part outside of the introduction of VAR.
  • Sack the entire board of senior FIFA officials; only have people who have played professionally in senior positions there
  • Bring back golden goal
  • Make the offside rule clearer
  • Bring back the Cup Winners Cup
  • Make the UEFA cup straight knockout again
  • Don't kick the ball out if a player is down on the pitch if it's not for a head injury
  • Make the world Cup 32 teams again
  • Dock Tottenham a point for every game they play at Wembley

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Emery wants to sell Lacazette? :why:#EmeryOut

Absolutely shocking decision, but not a shock.

He's the only decent asset they can get good money for. Nobody is paying big money for Mkhitaryan, Xhaka, Ozil or Auba.

Outside of Laca, Iwobi, Guendouzi and Torreira, the squad is made up of crocks and the elderly.

Sales are what they are, I'm not mad if we sold everyone. My only issue is I can't trust Emery and Emery shouldn't be in any position deciding who signs or leaves Arsenal football club. He's an average manager at best who is gaining too much power.

He's going to end up cost us more than Gazidis in the last 3 years.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Makes a lot of sense. :ehh:

• Sack the entire board of senior FIFA officials; only have people who have played professionally in senior positions there
  • Bring back golden goal
  • Make the offside rule clearer
  • Bring back the Cup Winners Cup
  • Make the UEFA cup straight knockout again
  • Don't kick the ball out if a player is down on the pitch if it's not for a head injury
  • Make the world Cup 32 teams again
  • Dock Tottenham a point for every game they play at Wembley

Football is interesting in that all of the changes you've suggested are less about the mechanics of the games but more so the organization/rules of the game.

I'd deff could get behind bringing back the Golden Goal.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sales are what they are, I'm not mad if we sold everyone. My only issue is I can't trust Emery and Emery shouldn't be in any position deciding who signs or leaves Arsenal football club. He's a average manager at best who is gaining too much power.

The big issue is, with 5-6 players leaving on a free, you cannot even ship out all of Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan and Ozil, as it is too much of a turnover of first team personnel.