Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
OK this is bullshyt that you can't possibly believe. Just because they would've had a few more matches against teams like Roma and Real doesn't mean they'd get lesser results against the likes of Swansea and West Ham.

Just takes one slip to not get 100. We played Spurs and won but if we had to rotate the team for CL we may have dropped points. Very thin margins, not to mention how tired the team looked against Huddersfield and for the first half against Saints today. CL takes alot out of you, Liverpool had to rotate and you see the dropped points against West Brom and Stoke.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
What's this I'm hearing about Morata possibly going back to Juventus in the summer :laff:
I’d be shocked if Morata is at Chelsea next year, unless they ask for an unreasonable amount of money for him. Atleti and Juve are both planning pitches to get him this summer, and he would probably prefer either side over another year at Stamford Bridge.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Just takes one slip to not get 100. We played Spurs and won but if we had to rotate the team for CL we may have dropped points. Very thin margins, not to mention how tired the team looked against Huddersfield and for the first half against Saints today. CL takes alot out of you, Liverpool had to rotate and you see the dropped points against West Brom and Stoke.

Liverpool's depth in attack includes the likes of Lallana (injured), Ox (injured), Solanke (1 goal all season), and Ings (same). City's involve Gabi Jesus, Gundogan, and Bernardo Silva. See the difference? City can afford to rotate, Liverpool can't.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I’d be shocked if Morata is at Chelsea next year, unless they ask for an unreasonable amount of money for him. Atleti and Juve are both planning pitches to get him this summer, and he would probably prefer either side over another year at Stamford Bridge.
Yea no way Morata is back in blue. And tbh, i dont want him back. Dude missed so many wide open goals. Pure trash. Although his instinct on headers are top notch

Daps
Let's not get carried away with this Man City team just yet . Yeah they have had an excellent season but they haven't really had any serious changellers all season

Let's see if they can retain the title next season before saying they are the best team ever because only Fergie (Man U) and Maureen (Chelsea) have been able to do that

And how many of the players would get into previous great teams. I'm talking Man U 98/99 side, or the 07/08 side, Chelsea 04/05 and 05/06 team or the Arsenal Invicibles.
For me only De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero and maybe Sane has a case to argue their inclusion . None of the defence would get in any of them teams

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Liverpool's depth in attack includes the likes of Lallana (injured), Ox (injured), Solanke (1 goal all season), and Ings (same). City's involve Gabi Jesus, Gundogan, and Bernardo Silva. See the difference? City can afford to rotate, Liverpool can't.

Not just attack. In defence we only have one actual left back who has been injured all season. Fernandinho has no natural back up, and Aguero has been hurt since Ashley Young fouled him in the box during the derby(before the 2nd leg against Liverpool), so Jesus our only striker for the past couple months.

Not as deep as the media will make you believe.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Yea no way Morata is back in blue. And tbh, i dont want him back. Dude missed so many wide open goals. Pure trash. Although his instinct on headers are top notch
All Conte had to do was swallow his pride, and make the call...
tumblr_nmagv8MCON1tcjdwmo1_500.gif

But one man’s pain is another’s triumph:smugsimeone:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
A Messi sub at half time then they peg it back in the 88th minute :laff:

Barcelona are low key trash

If I was the coach I'd sub him off too. I know how much the world cup means to Messi and wouldn't want him to get injured in a meaningless game.
Argentina would be dumped out in the group stage next month if Messi doesn't play.