Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Auba is going to be great, as long as he gets service.

There is this meme that he relies on his pace or that it's his primary attribute. I hate it. His main skill is his game intelligence, his football IQ and positioning. His pace is just a tool for him to apply his intelligence to. He probably has the best positioning and is probably the smartest (on the field) striker in world football. The ball WILL get to him or he will at least set himself up to recieve the ball.

He is disgustingly underrated. Don't know why more clubs weren't in for him. But I will admit he looks good in an Arsenal kit.

Conte was stupid with Batshuyai. Who cares if he doesn't dribble. The man scores goals.

I been told everyone about Morata too. Mentally fragile. He will never be worldclass if he can't get his head right.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Auba is going to be great, as long as he gets service.

There is this meme that he relies on his pace or that it's his primary attribute. I hate it. His main skill is his game intelligence, his football IQ and positioning. His pace is just a tool for him to apply his intelligence to. He probably has the best positioning and is probably the smartest (on the field) striker in world football. The ball WILL get to him or he will at least set himself up to recieve the ball.

He is disgustingly underrated. Don't know why more clubs weren't in for him. But I will admit he looks good in an Arsenal kit.

You already know why :mjpls:. Its the same reason why they never mention Lewandowski's "strength" and ONLY his finishing. Auba is absurdly talented in moving into space, only Muller is the same sort of player...only with alot less pace.

He's more of an "Arsenal player" than Alexis ever could have been in truth.

I wanna see him Laca and Auba at the same time...:wow:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
You already know why :mjpls:. Its the same reason why they never mention Lewandowski's "strength" and ONLY his finishing. Auba is absurdly talented in moving into space, only Muller is the same sort of player...only with alot less pace.

He's more of an "Arsenal player" than Alexis ever could have been in truth.

I wanna see him Laca and Auba at the same time...:wow:

Yeah, this meme about black players is frustrating. At his peak Yaya Toure is one the most technical players ever but all they attach to him is being a "freight train". Ridiculous. But humans and their biases are inevitable.

Lewandowski was salty af about losing Torjaegerkanon (top goal scorer) to Auba. Not because of :mjpls: reasons though, guy is just competitive.

If you play Auba you have to play him as the main striker or in a 4-4-2 up top to stretch defences for Laca. When he first went to Arsenal some of these fans with their PhD in FIFA Ultimate Team were saying they should shoehorn him into the winger spot.

Put a 30+ league goal scoring number 9 on the wings brehs.

Arsenal look better off without Alexis, his individuality won't allow others to shine.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, this meme about black players is frustrating. At his peak Yaya Toure is one the most technical players ever but all they attach to him is being a "freight train". Ridiculous. But humans and their biases are inevitable.

Lewandowski was salty af about losing Torjaegerkanon (top goal scorer) to Auba. Not because of :mjpls: reasons though, guy is just competitive.

If you play Auba you have to play him as the main striker or in a 4-4-2 up top to stretch defences for Laca. When he first went to Arsenal some of these fans with their PhD in FIFA Ultimate Team were saying they should shoehorn him into the winger spot.

Put a 30+ league goal scoring number 9 on the wings brehs.

Arsenal look better off without Alexis, his individuality won't allow others to shine.

a 442 would totally work because it still allows rambo to push up. But I liked the look today with Iwobi and Miky swichting wings often...Ozil free roaming, little runs from Rambo into space...it was really fluid and dynamic. I think in a 4-4-2 even more so because Laca has no problem tracking back....

It looks good...but next week is the true test.