Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the latest issue of fourfourtwo which says the 90s saved football.

Is that an accurate assessment?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I can relate

that's how I was with Balotelli :mjcry:

At least once a week I get hit with “Remember when you said Gabigol was better than Gabriel Jesus :sas2:

If Gabriel Jesus balls out in the World Cup I’m going to have to change my phone number and avoid family functions for the next decade.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Also I knew Morata wold get found out, he is mentally fragile.

Kane really showing him and Lukaku he's the best of their generation.
Semedo was also a great signing although i dont get why hes not more regular

Sergi Roberto links up with the attack very well. I think 5 of Suarez's goals were assists by him

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Lmao as if they gonna win those. It's a flop season for madrid just like in 2015. They've been absolutely terrible domestically for some time now, since 2008. No excuse with the squad and funds they got. Bad planning yet again. Only available coach that is saving this team is Ancelotti.

Yes and no. While that was the last time they done b2b titles, you'll have to go back further till the late 80's when they truly dominated domestically in Spain. But the reality is they've been up against an all-time great Barca squad, where they've finished 2nd with over 90+ pts 4 times over the same time frame. Any other league/era/decade whatever you want to call it, wins the title with that points total.

While they always want to finish first and ahead of Barca in Spain, they care for the European Cup/CL more, as that is what created the whole Real Madrid mystique.

Real selling off/having no bench is no different to when they previously did it under Perez.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sergi Roberto links up with the attack very well. I think 5 of Suarez's goals were assists by him

He does a great for a midfielder out of position until he gets a winger with pace to defend. Semedo is really good and can only get better if he gets more play time.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Saw the latest issue of fourfourtwo which says the 90s saved football.

Is that an accurate assessment?

1990-2002 is the GOAT period.

The leagues in England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France and Netherlands all had CL winners in the 90's. And in this period, England, Germany, France Spain and Italy had 5 different teams win the domestic leagues.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how Wenger can survive at Arsenal if he sells Sanchez in January. Especially if he sells to man utd. That's just unacceptable. Arsenal fans need to riot tbh.:mjlol:

The same way he's always survived.

Wenger ain't leaving till he wants to. Or till he finally does some proper self assessment:francis::sad:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't see how Wenger can survive at Arsenal if he sells Sanchez in January. Especially if he sells to man utd. That's just unacceptable. Arsenal fans need to riot tbh.:mjlol:

On one hand getting the money back for Sanchez with less than six months left on the contract is great business. But sending him to a man who has been a c*nt to you for nearly 15 years is Stockholm syndrome. :hhh:

Wenger probably going to spend the Sanchez money on some 12 year wunderkid from Greenland