Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Conte hasnt even bought his own players & look at him sitting on top. His using the basic players he got. Chelsea clearly need defenders, we using a makshift defense with basic defenders

Barcelona has never dominated Chelsea, we have always handled them.

No you are using good wing backs and 3 center backs all of which have bought into the system and a the best CDM Chelsea have had since Makelele. :what: If anything you are proving the point that the Prem isn't that competitive when a coach can come in, change tactics and add one player and sit on top of the table.

And sure you've beaten Barca...but Ronaldo would bully them boys. Bale would out run them. Griezmann's finishing is too good. So is Suarez's

Also, this ain't the same Chelsea. The ONLY time you won CL you had Lampard, one of the best midfielders of the era. Drogba, self-explanatory. A still dominant Ashely Cole, an emerging and talented Juan Mata, a young Cahill. etc.

Three of those players are generational cornerstones. Outside of Hazard are ANY of the player for Chelski right now (it may be Kante before its all over as well) truly transcendent player? Nope.

Meanwhile, if they went to La Liga there is the big three all chock full of some of the players who are the world's best at that position.

La Liga is wack but they've won 7 out of the past 10 Europas, and 6 of the past 10 Champions League titles....:usure:

EDIT: And I fukks with the PL, I support Arsenal with the same vigor as Barca (blame Henry :manny:)

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
It sucks watching a league where every season you know who is gonna win the league. BPL has 6 teams who can potentially win the league. Every week, every game seems like a final. Nothing more entertaining than that.

Chelsea could easily win La liga, Chelsea have always held their own against Barca. Barca has never dominated Chelsea whenever they met
I already stated at the start of this all the BPL circle jerkers have to argue with is "but-but competitiveness" Then my boy @Fenian already did a wonderful job dismantling that lie.

Chelsea could easily win La Liga? Stop. This is a blatant falsehood. 4th place finish is the best they are getting, those lapses in time when BPL teams start getting inconsistent they are going to get wrecked by technically superior teams. City could challenge for 3rd only because that team has a sufficient amount of players with technical quality. Hint: It's not the Englishmen.

BPL and La Liga are not in the same league they value different things in players and that reflects in their quality.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I already stated at the start of this all the BPL circle jerkers have to argue with is "but-but competitiveness" Then my boy @Fenian already did a wonderful job dismantling that lie.

Chelsea could easily win La Liga? Stop. This is a blatant falsehood. 4th place finish is the best they are getting, those lapses in time when BPL teams start getting inconsistent they are going to get wrecked by technically superior teams. City could challenge for 3rd only because that team has a sufficient amount of players with technical quality. Hint: It's not the Englishmen.

BPL and La Liga are not in the same league they value different things in players and that reflects in their quality.

Nor are they managed by an Englishman.

The long ball, target man era been over, that was marked with Spain's dominance in the 2000's and now you are gonna see the wingers or the number 10's take back over. Cats like De Brunye are gonna run roughshod over the Prem.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
The only golf in class here is between Real/Barca and the rest of the league. The rise of Sevilla and Atletico are false dawns, similar to what we've seen before with the likes of Valencia, Deportivo, Villarreal, Athletic Club etc. Their best players get plucked off by Real/Barca/the big PL teams/Bayern/Juve, their manager fukks off, and they're never heard from again.

I may be wrong, and I personally would love to see an end the Real/Barca La Liga duopoly, but history has shown us time and time again to not get our hopes up.

Okay, Valencia, Athletic Club never made any impression on European competition so they are a false dawn.
Sevilla and Atletico are a False dawn? Dumbest shyt I've ever heard.
Atletico 2 CL Finals in 3 years. Atletico actually managed to win La Liga as well.
Sevilla 3x Europa league winners in a row.
fukk off. That's a dumb argument easily dismantled with actual facts.

The players leave because Real and Barca don't need them and money.
No one want's to leave Fiesta's, Good food, Beautiful Weather and Hot Spanish women to move to England, stop kidding yourself. It's money.
Please name one good English coach, there is a reason the BPL is run by foreigners.

You don't really believe this do you? :pachaha:
Chelsea is not finishing higher than 4th sorry, too technically deficient.
City can fight for 3rd they have the technical quality.

As much as it pains me to say, Arsenal are a good side and (in a league system) would give many La Liga teams a run for their money.

Also, hilarious as it was, you can't really use two legged Champions league-ties as a barometer for how a team would perform against similar opposition in a league system, given the contrasting dynamics of the two types of competitions.

So we can't use results from European Club football's most elite competition to compare Europe's most elite football clubs? Asinine.
We have to use it because its the only actual barometer that has the teams playing against one another. Using anything else is disingenuous and pure speculation. At least this way it's speculation backed by facts.
You're only saying this because it looks bad for the BPL.

And by La Liga you mean just Real Madrid and Barcelona? :francis:

Also, let's be honest, it's not always the absolute best they are plucking from the premier league:

Torres - past his sell by date when Atletico re-signed him
Alex Song - Why Barca bought him, I still don't know
Vermaelen - perennial crock who Arsenal couldnt wait to get shot of
etc.

Torres- Hometown club resigned him, they didn't need him. It was nostalgia.
Alex Song- Outlier.
Vermaelen- Transfer ban, they had no choice.

Costa, Cazorla, Sanchez, Mata, Torres, Fabregas, Ozil, De Gea were players plucked by PL teams from La Liga in their respective primes, so its not all one way.

:manny:
None them were the absolute best in La Liga, my point still stands. Sanchez, Ozil and Fabregas were deemed surplus. And surprise, surprise become the best players in their respective BPL teams.

If you're a young footballer, there would be a lot of other factors that'll come into force when looking to sign your first contract, not just the prestige of the league.

:mjlol:

Breh, I agree with you that La Liga at the moment is a stronger league than the Premiership, but you doing the most with this post.

If you come up in La Liga youth system your technique will be better than 100% of the englishmen who came up in the BPL youth system.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
If you come up in La Liga youth system your technique will be better than 100% of the englishmen who came up in the BPL youth system.

Usually. Bale and Walcott came out of Southampton and if Theo would have stayed healthy and consistent like Bale, i think he'd be in Spain too. Southamption is the only English academy anywhere close to La Masia or La Fabrica...and its still not close.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
"But sky told me it was the best" :sadcam:
The thing is I like skysports. Yeah, there is bias but that's inevitable. Their analysts are top class and often know what they are talking about.
Martin Tyler's voice has been a stabilizing factor in my life for many a years.
But the BPL wanking is just :hhh:

Black Nate Grey

Daps
Usually. Bale and Walcott came out of Southampton and if Theo would have stayed healthy and consistent like Bale, i think he'd be in Spain too. Southamption is the only English academy anywhere close to La Masia or La Fabrica...and its still not close.

No they were just technically better than their BPL counterparts and fast.
Bale impressed me he actually developed more of his technique further along his career.

The technically superb player that could compete with La Liga the BPL has ever produced is Raheem Sterling.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dismantling of the bpl in last couple pages is just to much brehs :scust:

If you deep dive into the competitiveness argument that bpl fans always use you'll find out its not as divers as they make it out to be.

Outside of leicester last season who won the bpl in the last lets say 13 14 years?

Man U
Man C
Chelsea

Competitive :comeon:?

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Okay, Valencia, Athletic Club never made any impression on European competition so they are a false dawn.
Sevilla and Atletico are a False dawn? Dumbest shyt I've ever heard.
Atletico 2 CL Finals in 3 years. Atletico actually managed to win La Liga as well.
Sevilla 3x Europa league winners in a row.
fukk off. That's a dumb argument easily dismantled with actual facts.

They've made an impression on European football though:

Valencia '99-'05: 2 Champions League final appearances in 3 years, 2 La Liga titles in 3 years, 1 UEFA Cup
Athletic Club: UEFA Cup runners up '77 & '12

Interesting that you vault of "facts" didn't stretch that far back...

The players leave because Real and Barca don't need them and money.

Even if we were to go by this hilariously ignorant notion, the big 2 teams in a league having a stranglehold on the transfer market is not a good thing.

No one want's to leave Fiesta's, Good food, Beautiful Weather and Hot Spanish women to move to England, stop kidding yourself. It's money.

What are you getting at? It's pretty obvious that players leave clubs for more money.

Neymar, for example, would never of left Brazil if Santos could offer him the same financial package as the big European clubs. Same for Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo etc.

Please name one good English coach, there is a reason the BPL is run by foreigners.

I agree theres a dearth of English coaches and managers, and thats unfortunate.

Chelsea is not finishing higher than 4th sorry, too technically deficient.
City can fight for 3rd they have the technical quality.

Don't kid yourself, Chelsea would easily compete for the La Liga title, season in season out. As with City.

So we can't use results from European Club football's most elite competition to compare Europe's most elite football clubs? Asinine.
We have to use it because its the only actual barometer that has the teams playing against one another. Using anything else is disingenuous and pure speculation. At least this way it's speculation backed by facts.
You're only saying this because it looks bad for the BPL.

No, I'm saying it because cup competitions cannot be used to determine how good one team is over another.

Only the league can do that.

Torres- Hometown club resigned him, they didn't need him. It was nostalgia.
Alex Song- Outlier.
Vermaelen- Transfer ban, they had no choice.

But you said every player signed by La Liga teams (read: Real/Barca) from Premier League are of the highest quality? Which is it?

None them were the absolute best in La Liga, my point still stands. Sanchez, Ozil and Fabregas were deemed surplus. And surprise, surprise become the best players in their respective BPL teams.

Torres and Mata at the time were the hottest thing in Spanish football when they signed for Liverpool and Chelsea respectively.
Costa tore up La Liga the season Chelsea signed him

Also, why did Fabregas leave Barcelona and go to Arsenal? Surely fiestas, sangrias on the beach and hot Spainsh birds should have been enough to keep him at the Nou Camp, no?

I'm surprised you don't have any "facts" to back this statement up.

It's funny how everyone arguing for La Liga/Bundesliga has numbers, data, sources, player quotes and facts that back their argument.

While the BPL circlejerkers don't even have anecdotal evidence.

Because football, unlike other sports, isn't played on a spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
@Quarquar
Another reason I think Rabiot is hyped is because he's white. Certain parties in France are looking for that great white hope, though they already have that in Griezmann, he's the only white french world class player. The rest are of African descent.

I also think that's why Dechamps dumbass called up Giroud and Big Mac instead of Lacazette.

Facts they did the same shyt with yohan gourcoff (sp?). France is still very much a racist country. Le pen and them have very vocal supporters. Wasn't it Blanc who got caught up talking about quotas for black players in the youth set up? Lacazette has been tearing up ligue un for the last 3 seasons. There is no reason andre pierre gingac should be in the side ahead of him. Especially when he plays in the fukkin Mexican league. Yohan cabaye is another guy whose place in the national side has confounded me. He's a solid player but France has much better talent in the center of the park than him. Not even going to speak on Jallet trash ass. Sometimes i wish Frances black players had the gall to say fukk the FFF and go play for the countries of their ancestry. Algeria, Senegal, Cameroon etc would be powerhouses.