Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
:russell:international soccer
Pretty much :yeshrug: minus the WC and Euro.

I used to root for mexico but after realizing that the federation only uses the NT as a money mine I stopped supporting them. I tried following the USMNT but they are just boring and I cannot find the same passion I had as with Mexico even though they have the balls to face European teams in Europe.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Jurgen has go to go at this point, his selections are :mindblown::camby: and he lost the team :merchant:
What exactly is he supposed to do. He gets 3rd rate athletes to work with.

The talent pool is shyt yet people want him to play with more style:mjlol:

If I were him I'd just resign to be honest because they're probably gonna struggle in the hex. concacaf has gotten stronger it seems.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
What exactly is he supposed to do. He gets 3rd rate athletes to work with.

The talent pool is shyt yet people want him to play with more style:mjlol:

If I were him I'd just resign to be honest because they're probably gonna struggle in the hex. concacaf has gotten stronger it seems.

except for landon, who else was a big lost to the team this past calendar year?

Jozy is washed, but Morris and Wood has shown promised

but dude is Putting Jermaine Jones as a CB in a 3-5-2 formation, and against mexico as a Left mid in a diamond formation when hes a CDM
So insistent of Bradley of that attacking mid role when hes better as a CM or CDM
playing fabian johnson as a RB when hes a left mid
played bedoya as a CDM when hes a deep attacking mid/winger

all this shyt is :dwillhuh::mindblown::camby:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Robin van Persie scores own goal in dismal 3-2 defeat as Holland fail to qualify for Euro 2016
Danny Blind's side fail to reach a major finals for the first time since 2002 as their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign ends in embarrassment
persie_3471876b.jpg

Robin van Persie will not have a chance to play at Euro 2016 Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Telegraph Sport, and agencies

9:55PM BST 13 Oct 2015

comments.gif
10 Comments

Holland will not feature at Euro 2016 after a 3-2 defeat to the Czech Republic ensured a miserable qualifying campaign ended in failure.

The Dutch knew only victory would do in the Amsterdam Arena and even then they needed third-placed Turkey to lose to Iceland to clinch third place themselves and a play-off spot in Group A.

Goals from Pavel Kaderabek and Josef Sural, however, put the Czech Republic 2-0 up inside half an hour and while the visitors were reduced to 10 men when Marek Suchy was sent off before half-time, Holland failed to capitalise.

Instead, Robin van Persie, on as a substitute in the 38th minute, headed home an own goal to put the result beyond doubt, before Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Van Persie scored late consolations.

holland_3471878b.jpg
Holland have been a shadow of their former selves this campaign

It is the first time Holland have failed to qualify for a major tournament since they missed the 2002 World Cup and attention will swiftly turn to the future of head coach Danny Blind.

The Royal Dutch Football Association insisted the 54-year-old would remain in charge regardless of the team's fate but pressure is sure to mount, with Southampton boss Ronald Koeman a potential alternative.

Blind's side began with the gusto of a team who believed and Anwar El Ghazi should have opened the scoring within 40 seconds when he was slid in down the right-hand side, but he drilled straight at the keeper when he had time to carry the ball closer.

holland2_3471879b.jpg
Robin van Persie had a busy night with goals at both ends of the pitch

The Czechs struggled to gain a foothold and they were spared again soon after when El Ghazi's low cross found the incoming Wesley Sneijder, but he ballooned the ball over the crossbar.

As threatening as they were going forward, Holland were jittery at the back as goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet fumbled the ball amidst a crowd of players and was relieved to see Theodor Gebre Selassie prod over from close range.

The warning signs went unheeded, however, as the Czechs stunned the home crowd by breaking the deadlock in the 24th minute as a neat flick from Suchy allowed Jiri Skalak to feed Kaderabek, who lifted the ball past Zoet at the near post.

holland3_3471880b.jpg
The Czechs went into the match with qualification already assured

There was worse to come for the home side, whose defensive frailties were again exposed 11 minutes later when a simple throw-in found its way to Sural, who ghosted past Virgil van Dijk before poking the ball into the net for a two-goal lead.

Immediately, Van Persie was thrown into the fray and hopes of a comeback increased when Suchy was sent off just before the break, after bringing down Memphis Depay when the forward appeared to be in on goal.

Instead, however, it was the Czechs who piled on the misery in the second period as Van Persie, on to inspire a fightback, killed it off in the 66th minute when his cushioned header back flew straight past Zoet for an own goal.

There was a late rally as Huntelaar powered home a header and then Van Persie went some way to making amends with a close-range finish.

But it was too little, too late and as news filtered through that Turkey had snatched a late victory against Iceland, the Dutch knew their time was finally up.
Jesus Christ! Arsenal fans have cursed this man:damn:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
They'd have to double the security budget for that

Anyway Turkey making it kinda surprised me; can't wait for the tourney draw cause this expanded Euro is gonna be choc full of fukkery

Nah, It'll be bless. The banter will be on point.

Unless England play Ireland.