Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10864856_315929731941640_392877132_n.jpg

MGx4OAB.png
I'll be needing that
4bycB6e.png
Christmas Joint!

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Morning Scruuub put me on Death Grips...and when I say put me on Death Grips let me know what's appealing to them for you. (I remember you had the avy for The Money Store way back.)

I just listened to their new song, and I've tried to listen to several of their albums numerous times but it's never clicked with me.
I've got you properly 2moro breh cos i'm out right now and i can talk about death grips for days. That new song they dropped caught me off guard (as does every death grips release on initial listen) but for once in not a good way. Niccas on the moon and this new song is kool, but i really think that they forgot they were making music and that it needs to be enjoyable on some level for the listener and not just a constant exhibition in audible autofellatio. Everyone gets that death grips is unpredictable and dancing to beat of their own drum and that we don't totally get 'it' with them. But their biggest mistake is thinking that we care about that as much as they think we do, we're just there for the ride, cos when they decide to make conventionally structured songs they make some of the most phenomenal stuff (see 'blood creepin', 'guillotine', 'lost boys', 'come up and get me', 'no love', 'two heavens', 'thru the walls')

Long story short, the reason im so into death grips is because they were one of the only groups i could truly feel, as cliché as that sounds...you can instantly tell they're genuine and there is substance to it and that the group is sincerely trying to push themselves everytime and not staying in a comfort zone, ever...and they managed to get me back into hip hop after i had been jaded with the genre for years...it was amazing to me to see a band so unapologetically stretch the idea of what hip hop is in a time when the genre has such a rigid formula to it.

Lastly, i've seen death grips twice in person and let me just say...if you never saw a death grips show...you lost...and i really mean that. They are fuccing amazing live. Those two shows are literally the best i've ever seen in my life. I've taken people that im kool with that had not heard one death grips song previous to seeing them that hsd all types of musical tastes (from metal to disco to grime etc) and every single person that i took came from the shows :mindblown::noah:. There's a reason why during the years death grips were actively touring they were ranked in the top 10 shows in the world...every year!. The recorded material doesn't do the live shows justice

I'll never forgot mc ride coming onto the stage in the electric ballroom...the whole place turning red...the claustrophobically tense atmosphere, zach hill going nuts on the drum for his solo intro...beers and chairs flying everywhere...tying my laces extra hard...hearing lost boys come on...turnjng to my bwoys and we all pulled over our hoodies over our faces cos i warned them before what to expect...hearing mc ride scream into the mic like a maniacal preacher that instantly took me back to riding the buses in jamaica when i was teenager and i would watch the street preachers jn awe...and then the place going into absolute pandemonium as if his yell was a dinner bell chime...that skinhead i punched in the face immediately once people started throwing hands cos he'd been ice grilling me...watching mc ride literally pm dawn chuck lady red off the stage for standing next to him mid verse (she was a supporting act as well :dead: and apart of the bug's crew), seeing zach hill get so hyped and vexed drumming to no love that he picked up his drum and smashed it across the stage..fuccing memories man, never again :wow::mjcry:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
@Mwakenya saw Whiplash today :damn::damn:

That's hovering near my top spot for the year. I can excuse the ridiculous leaps of logic and forced plot points the film takes because the film is intense as fukk and just...explosive, exhilarating. The climax at the end had me :damn::lupe::wow:

Wanted to leap out of my seat and and yell out something...anything really. If you can see it in theaters because the music and the speakers make the whole experience.

Plus JK Simmons as the a$$hole mentor/instructor had me :dead: it was an amazing performance but the shyt he was saying was hilarious...I thought...I was the only one laughing in the theater :patrice:

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
I support Josmer cos he black, but it's time he quits football, shyt's just embarrassing. He should take up boxing instead, we need some Haitian champions :lift:
legggggggggoooooooooooooooooo

hardout auckland!!

lock them San Lorenzos in their hotel before they gap it!!

just sculled down a Speights in tribute :salute:

shoutout to @Lafraud James
You said they was canon fodder, nikka. And then you said blue cross was gonna choke. Wrong on both accounts, now I know not to take betting advice from ya :heh:

:ohhh: LaFraud's a kiwi. Never knew. Not bad :ehh: