Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Is front row just dog shyt now? i'm way behind the times it seems

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
RWuhusu.jpg

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
that was a fukked up way to lose

the perils of playoffs, the perils of one game deciding everything

vancouver really didn't deserve to lose that way

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Is front row just dog shyt now? i'm way behind the times it seems
yes, and nothing will kill people's enthusiasm more than asking to turn off ad blocker.

i noticed they implemented it, then took it off, then just put it on again. so funny cause i keep track of some scores and would just give a quick click to watch a goal or the end of a match, but i cant even be bothered anymore

atdhe is weird as well now too, but there's VIPBox which is great, rojadirecta, drakulastream

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
YOU HAVE TO WAVE HIM HOME FFS!!!

would've instantly been the greatest play in world series history.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
i just wasted the better part of an hour listening to this Logic album everyone on the internet suckin off. guy is so boilerplate, and thats almost worse than being flat out bad. Now i know how @penfield feels

hyuA0g4.png

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Also @Ari Gold Bawse @Kunty McPhuck @Liu Kang Tinkoff, Contador's manager, threw down the gauntlet and challenged all the other contenders to ride a Giro-Tour double next year. Contador has been saying for a while he was going to try it again.

Nibbs says he wants to do it
Honestly, I don't think ASO cares about the nationality of the winner. This year's tour debut was great in the UK and it's not the first time it had started there and they will do it again and again as long as it's popular and that generates overall revenue because that's all about ASO cares. In cycling, from a french perspective, pretty much every neighbor country is an enemy (Spain, UK, Belgium) and even though we hated Armstrong, it was not because he was american but because he had that arrogant steez and obviously because of the doping process going on in US Postal. Even though the breh learnt french and tried to speak it to appease us, it didn't work (though it works usually) because of that. Obviously, there is a special rivalry with the Brits (no denying that) which lives both on road and track (?) cycling (above all with Team GB being godlike since the last Olympics :mjpls:) but in the last few years, we all knew that only a foreigner would win the Tour (same with the French Open) because we had NO riders able to do it.

About Wiggo's 2012 win, let's be honest, it was boring. It was because of Wiggo's riding syle but also because it was obvious that Froome was way better than him and that his second place was some kind of Ferrari Barrichello/Schumacher orchestrated first place. 2013 Froome victory was also boring but not for the same reason : dude obliterated the competition in the first climb stage and it was obvious that nobody was on his level (and Contador was nowhere nere ready for that Tour). Even last year was kinda boring after half of the Tour because Froome and Contador got injured and Nibali had nobody to fight against. A 100% climbs based would favor Froome who is a machine who doesn't like hazard and that was proof. A more diverse Tour would favor more complete riders who can shine on classiques but also in Tours. For real, a good Tour needs fukkery and when it's plain boring like Froomey and Wiggo's wins, it's just not interesting at all. The best Tour I've witnessed was the 2003 one where fukkery was at an all time high.

Also, the problem about the Giro/Tour double is these days, the Giro is too hard and make it impossible to perform well in both. Last person who did the Giro/Tour double is Pantani and we know he wasn't on water only regimen. Contador did the Giro/Vuelta in 2008 (Sastre won the Tour, another boring victory) because he didn't do the Tour and had 2 months to rest between them. I really think nobody can do it nowadays.

And yeah, I need my boy Quintana in this Tour. He proved he could won a Grand Tour so he needs to perform this year in the only one that matters :shaq:. 2015 race with him and Contador, Nibali, Purito, Aru, Van Garderen, Koenig (Froome ?) and with young promising Frenchies like Bardet or Pinot could be GOAT status if all of em are 100% and survive the cobbles.
Casillas is a snitch. He stayed ratting out locker room secrets to his journo wife.
He's not as good as he was once and refuses to hand it to the younger generation both in club and in NT. Diego Lopez was better than him at the time and Mourinho chose him but Casillas took it bad. And you also got to consider all the pro-Madrid papers (Marca in the front line) only rides for him by constantly campaigning for Iker and downplaying his competition. That forced Diego Lopez out and Casillas is now keeping Navas (in Real) and De Gea (for Spain) out currently. He should have done like Puyol and bow out gracefully. I respect the player but as a man Iker is garbage.

In France, we had the same in 2008 with the likes of Thuram, Gallas, Makélélé and them and we ended up getting trashed because we had :flabbynsick: players who used to be great and were living off their past. Spain will only solve their current problems once they get rid of the old guard. Starting by Del Bosque obviously.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

None of those players, especially in this system, could be said to represent or stand for anything other than being really good. They impressed playing various styles for various clubs around the world, so Chelsea bought them. They don't need to behave any particular way, and they aren't criticized when they win in a way that doesn't strictly conform to an overarching philosophy.

That sounds like the perfect approach to elite level football. What's wrong with being adaptable? That's the question all these philosophy mugs can't and won't answer. Sure, Mourinho can be overly pragmatic at times - and that's something I've criticised him for - but he'll do whatever it takes to win, and that deserves far more respect than refusing to make adjustments out of principle.

And what's that about Chelsea not being criticised for not playing a certain style? It happens all the time, whether it's warranted or not. This guy doesn't have a clue.:heh:

Chelsea fans don't get to feel the particular brand of happiness that is seeing your club conquer the world on their own terms...

:whatsthat::mjlol:

Nevertheless, it does result in winning. And not insignificantly, it avoids many of these sentimental problems that plague the ideologues. (Unlike with Casillas and Xavi at their respective clubs, Chelsea were quick to marginalize then offload their long-time talisman, Frank Lampard.)

How the fack was Lampard marginalised?:dahell: He played 40 games in his final season and left as a club legend at the age of 36.

Xavi agreed to leave Barca in the summer at 34-years-old and only signed a new one-year deal late in the summer.

And Casillas is only in the team now because they've got a yes-man in Ancelotti at the helm; Lopez would still be at the club and first-choice if they had a manager with any say.

That's one of the worst things I've ever read. José making these clowns angry enough to write novellas and shyt, I love it :smugjose:

Last edited: