Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Top four or we riot

And we shall not fight you guys. It's a smart buy, we can't wait for Adnan to blossom this year.

Last edited:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
man utd midfield looking like this this weekend:

Young - Cleverley - Fletcher - Valencia

:patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
@Ari Gold Bawse @mastermind @Don Rhymus @Liu Kang (not sure if you watch this show but I feel bad for not remembering you make smilies) @Gilver (not sure either but you be readin and shyt)

yall brehs cracked open the GoT books? I just finished the first one and it's :banderas: better than the show tbf. looks intimidating, but is an easy read looking back
Yeah, killed all the books (well, the four that were out) before the show came out. The first book is an alarmingly faithful translation. The second mixes things up for understandable Robb reasons, the third gets more screwed up, and the fourth and fifth so far have had tons of differences. The biggest so far is that one of the major and more interesting forces in the book won't even make the show :sadcam:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
@Ari Gold Bawse @mastermind @Don Rhymus @Liu Kang (not sure if you watch this show but I feel bad for not remembering you make smilies) @Gilver (not sure either but you be readin and shyt)

yall brehs cracked open the GoT books? I just finished the first one and it's :banderas: better than the show tbf. looks intimidating, but is an easy read looking back
ive got a couple chapters left on the first one.

i ran through it but cba to pick it up and finish it atm.

man utd midfield looking like this this weekend:

Young - Cleverley - Fletcher - Valencia

:patrice:

:snoop: someone needs to investigate all these injuries we keep getting

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Yeah, killed all the books (well, the four that were out) before the show came out. The first book is an alarmingly faithful translation. The second mixes things up for understandable Robb reasons, the third gets more screwed up, and the fourth and fifth so far have had tons of differences. The biggest so far is that one of the major and more interesting forces in the book won't even make the show :sadcam:
after reading the book i realized how much i spaced out on the show, at least the first season.

im on the beginning of the 2nd book (30 page prologue :damn: :heh: ), and already i see stannis in a clearer light than the show was able to do

the description of robb's victory with grey wind at his side :whew: just imagining being a young stark with a big ass wolf at my side choppin up these blond fukkboys :whew:

i also fukk with jon snow heavy as a result of the book, and question why dany is even a character, although i'm sure there's a payoff the show hasnt yet revealed :yeshrug:

i have a really dumb question here, but i guess i wasnt paying attention to the show when dany's pregnancy happened - she WAS gonna give birth to the next dragon, but the maegi killed it, yeah? or did the maegi turn her human baby into a retarded bat-dragon?
@Ari Gold Bawse make that shyt happen breh

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

i will this offseason (GOT offseason).

I have the first 3 in Ebook, but Imma try and knock them out.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Really, have they explained why?
I believe it was a combination of artistic license and scheduling logistics. This character doesn't get a ton of screen time, and would involve basically bringing the actor onset for like one scene a season, but this character is a driving force and in the novels SEEMS to be a major factor heading forward. This character has two of the main characters in an absolute debacle right now and has a dangerous squad on deck with people in places, but is completely absent from the show.

They are also going to completely change Jamie's storyline for next season. I think the first seasons being SO faithful has made these changes later sting more.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe it was a combination of artistic license and scheduling logistics. This character doesn't get a ton of screen time, and would involve basically bringing the actor onset for like one scene a season, but this character is a driving force and in the novels SEEMS to be a major factor heading forward. This character has two of the main characters in an absolute debacle right now and has a dangerous squad on deck with people in places, but is completely absent from the show.

They are also going to completely change Jamie's storyline for next season. I think the first seasons being SO faithful has made these changes later sting more.
:lupe: I see

I've only gotten halfway through the first book so far but from what you can tell, have the changes from the later books to show hurt it or not? I'm not really feeling the idea of just changing characters storylines :patrice: comes across like they've only just now realised how big of a task it would be translating the books to screen faithfully and are now trying to cut corners...

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
granted i havent read past page 50 in Clash, but i dont mind the idea of diverging storylines. the book is one and the show is another, i'm sure they'll keep the tone and themes the same.

there is a lot of panic among fans that the show will outpace the books, so this is a way to prevent that. and tbh im kind of amazed i was able to read 800 pages of a story that i already knew well. cant imagine doing it for another 5,000