Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
the guy on football weekly about spurs being a group of millionaires who all think they should be at a better team :dead:

and crystal palace :patrice: they were a great story last year cause of their kamikaze football and rescue by pulis, but now its proper pulisball from the start of the season. the feel good might not be there

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
is it fair if the Pope uses his special powers for football? :patrice:

also:

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You cant learn anything from your backup. Adebayor is going to enjoy playing with a RB that can actually deliver the ball. Even got Walker beat on pace.

Except Yedlin's not a very good defender. He's not better than Walker right now by a long shot. I think the fact that Spurs only spent 4 million to acquire him speaks volumes.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Except Yedlin's not a very good defender. He's not better than Walker right now by a long shot. I think the fact that Spurs only spent 4 million to acquire him speaks volumes.
:what: have you ever seen Walker defend?

4 million for a RB from the MLS is actually a lot money. Its more than the salary cap.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I know I am several months late but :whew: just finished that Deadspin article on Jason Whitlock.

Remarkable stuff, but I actually would like to see a black grantland (one without Ayesha Siddiqi). Soul Food though? Sounds like the worst. I often wonder if black people realize how conservative and exclusionary we can be sometimes. At the least it just sounds like the laziest type of pandering. But since that name is off the table all these thoughts are for naught.

And I did like the last bit. I was thinking while I was reading throughout the article if there were any black journalists who didn't feel the need to write about race and if that were even a possibility. And then Rembert Brown (who I actually despise on White Grantland) said exactly what I was thinking. Good idea Rembert!

Oh and by the way this weekend is the premier league! :bow:

Me, on saturday =
L7WYOkQ.png

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
BTW, Rembert Browne is an excellent writer. He's absolutely insufferable as a personality. Every broad stereotype about black hipster mixed with an Ivy League education rolled into one person

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
BTW, Rembert Browne is an excellent writer. He's absolutely insufferable as a personality. Every broad stereotype about black hipster mixed with an Ivy League education rolled into one person

Most of the things I come across by him on White Grantland are either listicles, articles filled with 5+ youtube clips, or simple blurbs.

Wesley Morris is by some distance in my opinion the best writer on White Grantland, the rest are sorta nondescript.

Just yesterday they had an article looking at Barcelona for the coming season, the same day Sid Lowe posted his Barca preview on the Guardian and it was night and day in terms of quality...even though admittedly they came to more or less the same points.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Wesley Morris is by some distance in my opinion the best writer on White Grantland, the rest are sorta nondescript.
have to agree with this

Bill Barnwell and Zach Lowe are great with the analysis tho.

Rembrandt is a very corny individual and it seeps into his writings.