Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
10615562_10152350383813505_1302106580290130666_n.jpg

:banderas:

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Allow me to elaborate a bit.

I don't think Pep's stewardship of Bayern is what's best for the club. Obviously with the players they have on hand, no matter what style of football they play, they should be at the top of the Bundesliga, and competing for CL titles. I didn't expect them to complete a second treble the year after winning everything in sight. But, I do expect the team to perform better than they've looked so far under Pep. Before Pep, they have more verticality to their game, which made Robben/Ribery dangerous as fukk. Not that I watch a ton of their games, but the only time I saw that from them in a big match situation last year was when they went down 1-0 to United in the second leg of their quarterfinal matchup.

I could be wrong. Pep could fukk around and win it all with this team this year, or next year. Right now I feel that he's going to walk away with 0 CL titles with this team despite having the talent, and a good enough system, to do so. Bayern just looks kind of sterile to me right now. A very good, high quality sterile, that will allow them to overwhelm 90% of their opponents. However, the standards they set during the treble season look out of reach, and I put part of the blame on the rigidity of Pep's possession football.

You are right the standards of the treble year are very much out of reach, the planets have to align for that to happen, it has nothing to do with Pep, the team has run its cycle, robben, ribery arent going to get "better" they just sold a crown jewel in Kroos, they maybe good enough to win the league again, but Dortmund have a very good set up and know how to win titles.

There is a very good chance they wont get to a Champs League Final again for a while, let own win it. Barca struggled with a set up like no other, Man Utd, 3 finals in a few years, wont be in a final for a long time, very good chance Bayern will have to wait a long ass time to get that chance again,

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Damn, I think this is the first time I've seen the god Jonathan Wilson speak in video form :ohhh:

So pleasant, so studious :ohhh:

And of course it's for another van Gaal Guardian article :shaq2:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

This Yedlin compilation video though :wow:

any anyone around the world can do this these days :wow:

yedlin though :ohlawd:

:dempsey: @ me instinctively :dempsey:ing watching that chance he created for JJ in Belgium extra time

how he made hazard look like lloyd sam :ohlawd:

Gooner

Newest Member
Daps
Reppin
ATL & ERI
Yedlin was the future, hate it had to be him :to:

As far as Carvalho is concerned, low key he doesn't have that much pace, but he's strong AF and reads the game so well. And he's only 22.

I remember when he came on against us in the World Cup, and Jermaine Jones went from running shyt in midfield to getting shut out of the game. Jermaine couldn't deal with the extra half dose of melanin.

In other news looks like Casillas ran Diego Lopez out of town. They should call him Raul Jr. at this point. :stopitslime:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28780070

AC Milan have signed Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez for an undisclosed fee.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Yedlin was the future, hate it had to be him :to:

As far as Carvalho is concerned, low key he doesn't have that much pace, but he's strong AF and reads the game so well. And he's only 22.

I remember when he came on against us in the World Cup, and Jermaine Jones went from running shyt in midfield to getting shut out of the game. Jermaine couldn't deal with the extra half dose of melanin.

In other news looks like Casillas ran Diego Lopez out of town. They should call him Raul Jr. at this point. :stopitslime:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28780070

I forgot to tag you breh. But we all fight the same fight.