Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Damn it just dawned on me.

Wenget signed two of the best young players of the last 10 years in back to back summers :ohhh:

Ballin era
S9e5t87.png

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins

I have no idea what they're saying, but if I had to guess it translates roughly to "Brazil lost"
:mjlol:

Brasil, Decime que se siente

(Translation): Brazil, tell me how it feels

Tener en casa a tu papa

To be bossed about in your own back yard (Literally: To have your dad at home)

Seguro que aunque pasen los anos

It's sure that even when years go by

Nunca lo vamos a olvidar

We will never forget

Que el diego te gambeteo

That El Diego 'did' you (with a trick/nutmeg; reference to Italia 90)

El cani te vacuno

El Cani (Claudio Caniggia) immunised you (reference to Italia 90)

Estas llorando desde Italia hasta hoy

You've been crying since Italy up until today

A Messi lo vas a ver

You're going to see Messi

La Copa nos va a traer

We're going to bring the cup home

Maradona es mas grande que Pele

Maradona is better/greater than Pele

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's be real a second because there's nothing suprising about how Germany performed yesterday : they have been consistent since 2006. After their horrendous 2004 Euro, they just decided to do a tabula rasa and built new foundations. What's funny is that they supposedly used the '98 French model to destroy and rebuild their team (dunno how true is that). All the 25 and under players are a direct consequence of the 2004 trauma where they didn't get out of the group stage (but they were with the Dutch and the Czech so). Germany been sexy since then and used their 2006 WC to kick start their project that is finally coming to fruition this year. These brehs know each other for years and are both solid and creative in all 4 lines (including Nooyah).

The top South American teams rely too much on superstars or providential messiahs : Messi for ARG, Neymar for BRA, Suarez for URU, Falcao for COL. What's nice is how Colombia played well as a team without their superstar (I'm convinced they wouldn't have played like that with Falcao on the pitch because Ramès wouldn't have been able to express himself as the true 10 that he is). And that's also why I like Chile which placed teamwork and tactics above the individual. Football nowadays and since 2008 and Spain victory is a team game where individuals can't decide for shyt.

The football played yesterday by Germany was beautiful : passing, movement, space awareness, all top notch. The collective expression was absolutely incredible and that's the result of years and years of under-achievement and detail tweaking but also as of producing world class midfielders. The game has changed and the core of the collective expression is the midfielder as Pep the GAWD hinted since his Barcelona 6 years ago. And in that sense, I could really feel the '09 Guardiolism in Germany yesterday. High defensive line + pressing from the attacking line, midfield coming to the rescue and shutting down second solutions, passing AND verticality when needed, movement everywhere to propose and to disrupt the opp's formation, patience and balance when building, clinical finishing. And I say '09 Barça and not '13 Bayern because Germany played a 4/3/3 which is is far from the typical German 4/2/3/1.

But to me, Brazil had way too much pressure. Too much emotion flowing in that team. I don't know why but the cries, the theatrics, the prayers, the hymns was like some kind of story-telling to mask the simple fact that this squad was simply over-achieving. A little better than average and they relied on physicality and on Neymar's genius to win (and dives :mjpls:). That's why I'm not even sad for them because they fouled Ramès way too much to cry over what happened to Neymar afterwards. I must say, I've never been impressed by Brazil for years now (excepted a few matches in the Confed Cup last year or 2002 final maybe). Can't remember the last time I was :krs: watching them. Maybe it's because I value the teamwork above the messiahs but still can't remember a Brazil that blew my mind team-wise.

German teams have not had the superstar aura for a long time, the last German player to win the top individual award was Sammer in 96 but their image is always based on the team even when Klinsman,Matthaus,Sammer, Ballack and Kahn were stand out performers on their various teams. Brazil had Neymar's jersey up front even in the anthems, Portugal was based on Ronaldo to an extent that they were all looking for him all the time. I also think thats what killed Colombia because Brazil knew that taking James out would kill the Colombians. Brazil's 2005 team with Robinho,Ronaldinho and Kaka behind Adriano was a very good team to watch , they tried to fit all of them at once plus Ronaldo and that killed them at the WC.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
let's recap brehs :youngsabo:

Yalll are only getting debuchy no way wenger spends a shyt load this summer esp on both vidal and Sanchez

they have forgotten wenger is the tightest man alive with a transfer budget

Ozil was only signed because fans were going to riot outside the stadium and shut down Holloway

Exactly all these arsenal fans always think they going to sign all these star players. Like alexis sanchez srsly gon down grade himself from barca to arsenal?!:russ:

If anything wenger is going to buy a player from some ligue 2 side:mjlol:

@mastermind cmon why would i be mad, we have made signings and more are coming

You know how tight wenger is, lets see if ozil was a one off like we mostly think or will wenger surprise us for once

Im not even joking about the fans willing to riot, they were ready after that villa game.

arsenal treat your fans like mugs, somehow have the most expensive tickets every year but nothing enters the cabinets (ok fa cup has finally come. win something legit next)

Dont worry fams will be back to top 4 and claim your 4th place trophy this up coming season. Last season was just a transitional season with all the new players our stars lamela and eriksen will show there potential

gun__1405013789_sanchez_trainingkit2.jpg

@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini@gandolpifini@gandolpifini

174611.jpg

@Liu Kang I think it's only right a smiley was made out of this photo to mark the occasion :wow: :wumger:

Last edited:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have seen a revival of the Bender rumors but he is coming off an injury and he didnt seem like he was ready to step up a notch and leave Leverkusen. I fear Wenger might once again use Ramsey in many games and he might end up on the sidelines. The other good thing are the changes in the medical team i read about a while ago, Arsenal players get injured and the club usually gives them 3 weeks to recover which turns into months. Having the movement of Sanchez, Ramsey will be beneficial to Ozil as well.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
let's recap brehs :youngsabo:

gun__1405013789_sanchez_trainingkit2.jpg

@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini
@gandolpifini@gandolpifini@gandolpifini@gandolpifini

174611.jpg

@Liu Kang I think it's only right a smiley was made out of this photo to mark the occasion :wow: :wumger:
Didnt they say Brendon Rogers only needs 5 minutes to convince Sanchez.