Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That's how I feel about Godfather 2 sitting on my chromecast right now. I think I posted about it in this thread on sohh when I saw the first one for the first time like four years ago. I'm going to knock out 2 sometime before my month rental runs out. Hopefully :ld:

The thing with Kurosawa is....he basically is the god of modern cinema. Things that we consider normal ass storytelling conventions now, he could be credited as if not the inventor then the pioneer. Seven Samurai and Rashomon might be the single two most influential films (with influence that crops up in every single form of storytelling media there is) ever made.

Yeah I keep reading about his influence, just gotta watch and see I suppose.

One director I rarely ever hear people mention is Sidney Lumet. Dude is brilliant and was prolific as fukk but I've brought him up a few times in real life only to be met with :ld: his book is amazing, reading it at the moment.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yeah I keep reading about his influence, just gotta watch and see I suppose.

One director I rarely ever hear people mention is Sidney Lumet. Dude is brilliant and was prolific as fukk but I've brought him up a few times in real life only to be met with :ld: his book is amazing, reading it at the moment.
12 Angry Men :banderas: Gonna watch that again soon

Network was also amazing, haven't watched it since highschool though

Holy shyt, I didn't even know he did Before The Devil Knows You're Dead and Dog Day Afternoon.

Wait a second....why isn't this breh in GOAT conversations? :lupe:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
12 Angry Men :banderas: Gonna watch that again soon

Network was also amazing, haven't watched it since highschool though

Holy shyt, I didn't even know he did Before The Devil Knows You're Dead and Dog Day Afternoon.

Wait a second....why isn't this breh in GOAT conversations? :lupe:

That's what I'm saying.

I think it's because he was prolific and he didn't have an easily identifiable style to his films. You could be unknowingly watching one of his movies but you'll never hear anyone be like, "yep this is a Lumet film" whereas you hear that over and over with your Spielberg's, Tarantino's, Scorsese's etc etc.

Though in his book he has a whole chapter dedicated to style and what it means for film and he talks about how the best style is style that goes undetected or that isn't very noticeable. And speaking of Kurosawa Lumet has an anecdote about how his film Prince of the City was the most stylized film he made but every critic and review he read didn't pick up on any of it, but one of the few people who picked up on the style of the film was Kurosawa who came up to him somewhere to praise it.

So dude definitely knew what he was doing, it's just that sometimes those tangible details of films can distract us from other things going on.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
That's what I'm saying.

I think it's because he was prolific and he didn't have an easily identifiable style to his films. You could be unknowingly watching one of his movies but you'll never hear anyone be like, "yep this is a Lumet film" whereas you hear that over and over with your Spielberg's, Tarantino's, Scorsese's etc etc.

Though in his book he has a whole chapter dedicated to style and what it means for film and he talks about how the best style is style that goes undetected or that isn't very noticeable. And speaking of Kurosawa Lumet has an anecdote about how his film Prince of the City was the most stylized film he made but every critic and review he read didn't pick up on any of it, but one of the few people who picked up on the style of the film was Kurosawa who came up to him somewhere to praise it.

So dude definitely knew what he was doing, it's just that sometimes those tangible details of films can distract us from other things going on.
Now I want to read his book, and watch Prince of the City that is sitting at 94% on RT :damn:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
They going HARD AS fukk over here brehs.. whole street is celebrating

SCENES brehs, scenes :to:

half the street in front of the olympiakos fan club completely full

buying toilet paper and making streamers all over the place, cars doing burnouts and smoke everywhere

random old papous dancing in the streets, drums whistles horns

police come and just made them cheer louder. cheers springing up every time someone passed with a greek flag.

loudest cheer was a #MidnightBoyz member who passed by with this big ass greek flag

etc etc. standing on cars, and like a few really fukkin sexy chicks like woah :wow: but that aint the primary focus of this post