Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Kinky Boots on TV, Chiwetel Ejiofor in full drag queen regalia :dead:

good little british film too

how far he's come :leon:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Kinky Boots on TV, Chiwetel Ejiofor in full drag queen regalia :dead:

good little british film too

how far he's come :leon:

Breh it broke my heart when I heard he did this. Like damn does every black dude have to be Madea to be successful.

The Broadway play aint bad at all, at all.

Has any player been whored around more than Tom Ince?

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Breh it broke my heart when I heard he did this. Like damn does every black dude have to be Madea to be successful.

The Broadway play aint bad at all, at all.

Has any player been whored around more than Tom Ince?
why did it break your heart, dude was a fukking beast

he wasnt exactly going OH LAWDY, put in a great performance

i'm watching this again like :dead: @ how charming and funny it is

Montez

Superstar
Daps
why did it break your heart, dude was a fukking beast

he wasnt exactly going OH LAWDY, put in a great performance

i'm watching this again like :dead: @ how charming and funny it is

He was a beast to you but to me I'm just seeing another nikka in a dress. I don't see Clooney or :leostare: in a dress. Feel like black men, no matter their talent, has to rock a dress. Only cacs I see wearing a dress are clowns like Travolta, Sandler, and Rob Schneider.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
He was a beast to you but to me I'm just seeing another nikka in a dress. I don't see Clooney or :leostare: in a dress. Feel like black men, no matter their talent, has to rock a dress. Only cacs I see wearing a dress are clowns like Travolta, Sandler, and Rob Schneider.
whens' the last time a semi-serious film has been made about a crossdresser tho, and this a small british thing

judging too harshly imo, dunno if youve seen it

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
so I just finished watching he got game with the missus, and does every spike lee film have to end in some dramatic ridiculous way? :dahell:

I mean, the ending was retarded for no reason whatsoever.

Still, its not topping jungle fever's ending :bow:

From the moment Sam Cooke starts playing, the ending to Malcolm X is perfection.

Also, it's tough watching the 25th Hour ending without :to: a little.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Bamboozled is quite good.

I remember watching it in some class in college and this girl was bawling at the end when they have that montage.

I mean, I haven't cried during any TV show or movie since Josh took Air Bud to that field and tried to abandon Air Bud and was yelling at Air Bud to leave (I might've cried during Hardball too) but I could understand her feelings.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
USWNT completely selling out FC Dallas Stadium
USMNT completely selling out HDC tomorrow

both for absolutely meaningless friendlies.. crazy innit

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/1654?&cc=5901

Why aren't American players taken seriously in Europe?

"European scouts simply don't track Americans aggressively because there is no financial incentive to work in this market," he said. "When they are aged 15 to 17, American players want to keep their college eligibility and will only give it up if they can be guaranteed a European club [which most agents cannot offer]. Compare that to Eastern Europe, where agents scour the land. Or Africa, where some Belgian clubs have made a business out of importing young talent en masse."

American players are further handicapped by the fact they mature later. "Clint Dempsey, Brian McBride and Claudio Reyna all became European successes later in their twenties," de Bontin said. "None fit the European mold where you shine at 16 or 17 and excel in first team aged 21 or 22 -- or become discarded."

The net effect, in de Bontin's experience, is both stigmatizing and debilitating. "European clubs remain condescending when it comes to U.S. soccer," he said. "I saw that first hand at Monaco when I tried to help young American players join clubs in France or Austria. Any president who brought one in would face a fight with a coach who won't give an American the time of day, not because he is lacking skill-wise or physically, but because U.S. players are not taken seriously."

De Bontin reinforced his point with a depressing hypothetical. "If I took two identically skilled players in the same position, one from Chicago and one from Ivory Coast, I guarantee the African will get a spot and the American won't, just because of the condescension of the European coach."

Montez

Superstar
Daps
whens' the last time a semi-serious film has been made about a crossdresser tho, and this a small british thing

judging too harshly imo, dunno if youve seen it

Semi serious or not doesnt really matter to me, just seen too many black dudes in drag. I thought it was just clowns like the Wayans, Martin, and Tyler Perry but Chiwetel?

I didn't see the movie, I went to the play and I did a bit more research after. The play was quite good so I wanted to see 12 years a Slave dude in the movie.

:manny: he's a great actor but i'm just tired of seeing brothers in drag or drug dealer mold.