Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I kind of had a chat with myself as I brushed my teeth.

I have no problem with gay people, but why did I refuse to watch that wedding bit and feel legitimately pissed off that was going on? Like I physically feel a bit queasy.

I don't like this agenda that's going on, it's the new pet project for Hollywood and the media. It would've been nice to have something like this for the black movement 50 years ago. Or poor people now. Or countless other causes. But seeing this shoved in front of people's faces, and these people being so smug and self-congratulatory about it, and one guy basically sweeping aside other deserving rap artists because he made a pandering song where the first line is "I thought I was gay, but I wasn't".

Something about it disgusts me :yeshrug:
I just dont know what the statement is anymore. Im over same-sex marriage. I think it jumped the shark with me. But there was not real statement with that tonight. Was contrived and felt like a publicity stunt. Especially with Madonna coming out randomly.

TBH tho, I was waiting for Queen Latifah to finally confirm. :mjpls:

Gawd, Tonight is a reminder why I hate watching award show. Long, apathetic, and down right trash. Most of the live acts are pointless, TV live acts should be reserve for Pop Artists only. Also too many fukking commercials. :snoop:
its all awful. I only watched cuz of twitter, but that was a let down.

Wait Alicia Keys won Best R&B album . That's a bigger crime than Macklemore. :dead:
i dont know what they are even rewarding anymore.

But Alicia Keys could get every inch with that dress she was rocking. :shaq:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Wait Alicia Keys won Best R&B album . That's a bigger crime than Macklemore. :dead:
@Don Rhymus lost

the gay hollywood thing is gonna burn itself out unfortunately. gays are cool with me, whatever brehs, do your thing, i dont care. but i think the downfall of minority groups, whether racial or religious or sexual, is always based in trying to force their way into "normality"

if you're gay, be gay. yes, equal rights are important but making sure people respect you is a fool's errand

same goes for being black, jewish, muslim, man city supporter

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Ringo killed it, Macca killed it, Kendrick killed it, Daft Punk killed it. That's enough for me.

Photograph though, what a pleasant surprise :ohlawd:

really chuckled when people were insulting Ringo on twitter, they forget he had like 10 top 10 hits and a couple of #1s in the 70s... most artists would kill to have his solo career, and he was easily 4th place in Beatles solo careers.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@Don Rhymus lost

the gay hollywood thing is gonna burn itself out unfortunately. gays are cool with me, whatever brehs, do your thing, i dont care. but i think the downfall of minority groups, whether racial or religious or sexual, is always based in trying to force their way into "normality"

if you're gay, be gay. yes, equal rights are important but making sure people respect you is a fool's errand

same goes for being black, jewish, muslim, man city supporter
yeah, this is it in a nutshell for me. Just let it be, innit.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:ufdup: :leostare: you know what you did

just kidding, i thought i remembered you having a visceral hatred for alicia keys
I did go on a rant about how much a manafactured diva she is and her hilariously transparent "YOU GO GIRL" image, coupled with bad music and terrible vocals.

But it's the Grammys.

I'm genuinely amazed/ashamed the brehs were actually watching that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I only watch it for twitter. Pre-twitter, I hadnt watched the Grammys for 2 or 3 years. :manny:

Would have watched Real Housewives of Atlanta, House of Lives, and True Detectives were it not for twitter. :manny:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I did go on a rant about how much a manafactured diva she is and her hilariously transparent "YOU GO GIRL" image, coupled with bad music and terrible vocals.

But it's the Grammys.

i watched beyonce twerking for the intro and then turned it

true detective :ohlawd: if the super bowl gets moved to monday because of weather and we still dont get to see TD, im gonna Grams these crackers