Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I won't even lie, I barely paid attention to SEA/SF even though I knew it was something I should have been watching.

You know when there's something special on.. like a de facto NFL semifinal, or the Oscars or something.. that even though it's not 'your team' or something you're 100% into you know is a bit special. Kinda like regular people with the World Cup or Olympics.

But then I'm just thinking "I wont remember this game next year, there have been 50 other games of similar importance I've watched I don't even remember, so I can continue barely watching it and doing other things"

I even deleted about 75% of movies and TV shows I had stacked up for the same reason. This is throwaway entertainment that won't even be remember 5 years from now, and is not part of the 1%. I kept the Oscar screeners and Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, etc, and deleted the marginal stuff.

Don't know what's wrong with me :patrice:

Seriously think listening to a lot of Patrice O'Neal lately and watching that documentary on Woody Allen fukked with my head. Like if it's not something GREAT I shouldn't be wasting my time on it :patrice:

This is a depressing ass post

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Brehs, I dont know why but this whole Richard Sherman rant and the responses he is getting because of it online has me really thinking. Its not like this sort of thing doesnt happen literally throughout the sports year, but this time I feel so much more angry about it all. Thug and classless are white America's new code words for ******s basically. Its sickening, and it doesnt take much for them to call black athletes these names. Sports fans in America are on such a moral high horse, for no God Dam reason at all.

I felt like sharing this with OFT, because well, you guys ramble all the time :lolbron:...but also Americans always claim how Europe is soo bad with racism and how that sort of thing would never happen in good old America. The difference is, and this just came to me, Ultras and hooligans are out in the open with it...Americans leave the stadium and hop on ESPN forums and the internet to spew their trash. I almost dont know which one is worse. :lupe:

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Brehs, I dont know why but this whole Richard Sherman rant and the responses he is getting online because of it online has me really thinking. Its not like this sort of thing doesnt happen literally throughout the sports year, but this time I feel so much more angry about it all. Thug and classless are white America's new code words for ******s basically. Its sickening, and it doesnt take much for them to call black athletes these names. Sports fans in America are on such a moral high horse, for no God Dam reason at all.

I felt like sharing this with OFT, because well, you guys ramble all the time :lolbron:...but also Americans always claim how Europe is soo bad with racism and how that sort of thing would never happen in good old America. The difference is, and this just came to me, Ultras and hooligans are out in the open with it...Americans leave the stadium and hop on ESPN forums and the internet to spew their trash. I almost dont know which one is worse. :lupe:
no doubt... like what Patrice O'Neal said (and this is not cause I'm on a Patrice phase, I'd had said this even if I wasnt):

it's better that people be upfront with their racism because he doesn't get offended by it. he would prefer to know what people think straight up and be able to react to that than to tiptoe around implying things they try to be slick with and then turn around and going "i'm not racist, that's just you being sensitive because blah blah blah".

also the fact that he says, go ahead and be racist, i dont care what you think because I'm better than you.. and you saw that with sherman's tweets.. but dont act like he isnt' bothered with what he's done and the implications unless he's an egomaniac and its all going according to plan

so you call someone out with that 'thug' and 'classless' and they'll say the same.. i'm not racist, you always have to make everything about race. ultimately instead of being in the open there's a buildup of pressure and that pressure always has to go somewhere.. not a war or anything but I see the US as a state of infinite tension that eventually drags everything down

its weird because you know some cacs are racist as fukk but will still listen to black music or cheer on black athletes but then turn around on them the second anything happens..

its just really fukked up. and like i always say to people... lincoln really shouldve just finished the job and absolutely slaughtered the entire south, scorched earth, and things would be so much better right now. because just like the mexicans that are still mad about the alamo or whatever, and the radical muslims who want to fix the territory they lost in year 682 or something ridiculous.. its better to just finish every single one of them off and have no problems. :lupe:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
no doubt... like what Patrice O'Neal said (and this is not cause I'm on a Patrice phase, I'd had said this even if I wasnt):

it's better that people be upfront with their racism because he doesn't get offended by it. he would prefer to know what people think straight up and be able to react to that than to tiptoe around implying things they try to be slick with and then turn around and going "i'm not racist, that's just you being sensitive because blah blah blah".

also the fact that he says, go ahead and be racist, i dont care what you think because I'm better than you.. and you saw that with sherman's tweets.. but dont act like he isnt' bothered with what he's done and the implications unless he's an egomaniac and its all going according to plan

so you call someone out with that 'thug' and 'classless' and they'll say the same.. i'm not racist, you always have to make everything about race. ultimately instead of being in the open there's a buildup of pressure and that pressure always has to go somewhere.. not a war or anything but I see the US as a state of infinite tension that eventually drags everything down

its weird because you know some cacs are racist as fukk but will still listen to black music or cheer on black athletes but then turn around on them the second anything happens..

its just really fukked up. and like i always say to people... lincoln really shouldve just finished the job and absolutely slaughtered the entire south, scorched earth, and things would be so much better right now :lupe:
This might be one of your realest posts ever breh. The bolded is exactly what they say when you call them out on it too. I wanna make it clear too that I'm one of the most socially diverse people youll ever know. Race isnt even a thing to me, in any part of my life. So its so strange when I see people get so angry over a concept I just dont understand. And i wonder how different things would have been if there was a Nazi officer/sympathizer type roundup after the Civil War. Never thought of that.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The most ass backwards thing about the whole Richard Sherman 'class' debate is the fact that American football is one of the most classless activities Americans participate in. An unrelenting, howling car-crash of a sport set in an enromodrome where people applaud how hard other grown men pummel each other with interstitial breaks from the bloodlust to show you scantily clad gyrating female body parts, and inundate you with crass unfunny beer commercials and ads for stuff and bullshyt.

And then one of the participants yells some things into a camera and everyone gets upset and confused and acting like they don't know how they just spent 5 hours of their lives, acting like it is something that is outside the natural order of things. It's a bit of joke to be honest

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
"I don't think it needs a rebuild, I honestly don't. I think two, three, four players - but the problem is everyone knows they want top players and to get them will be so difficult because nobody wants to sell them."

I want us to keep losing. :blessed: