Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I've been here a year and I have learned close to no Italian :heh: I'm a terrible American

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
emblematic of the american culture of being pussies and too uptight everywhere

it's what holds us back in general, and more specifically relating to this in american soccer culture. the bad commentary, the pointless impartiality on international matters, etc

every single person in an outrage was american, the brit journos went :yeshrug: and one of them even lightly mocked the whole situation talking about

hopefully ball gets press out of this, dude is a great writer than isnt recognized for it

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
more examples

Frustrated by the draw that placed his U.S. Olympic team alongside Argentina and Portugal back in 1996, coach Bruce Arena famously lashed out at the “nice Americans” who “don’t cheat” and who are “too stupid to fix a draw.”

Arena took some heat for that little rant and sure enough, the host U.S. finished third in its quartet and was eliminated from Olympic competition.

Still two years away from taking over the senior U.S. squad, Arena called soccer “the biggest cheating sport in the world,” implying – likely with tongue in cheek — that manipulation of those all-important plastic balls is par for the course at the game’s highest level.

you're saying USA couldnt have provided a couple mil and bought the world cup either???

not passionate enough to stoop to normal levels.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Liu Kang do people say "rien mais filet" alot? Like "nothing but net" when they play basketball/football? And "tirer/tire a vue" is "shoot on sight"? :lupe:
Nah we say "nothing but net" because the expression sounds good. Or we say "swish". The literal translation would be "rien que le filet".
"To shoot on sight" translates as "Tirer à vue". "A shoot on sight" = "Un tir à vue".

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Plastic balls could be heated or cooled down to recognize them. Yes it's a known cheating practice.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
nn33f5.jpg