Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:umad: ya'll tried to say the boy was unequivocally garbage , not his fault lambert didnt want to damage his teams morale by playing a "b" team :manny:

:ohhh: thats same villa team with the exception of five players that beat ya'll...:ld:
There is a result that kills this "that team best Arsenal" argument. You don't want them problems. :shaq:

*FTR, I don't recall calling Holtby garbage* :ld:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@mastermind yes there was a big thing but it in NY/NJ but the groups just gave up and decided to shut it down for the money, considering the base of this team is a bunch of middle-aged geeks i'd say its par for the course

see something like Portland for a nice middle ground, see something like SJ for some entertaining hooligan tendencies

“I don’t want it to become a sterile place,” de Bontin said about Red Bull Arena. “When you’re into sports and competition, you want to be intense. That’s fine. That’s part of the experience.

is kind of insulting, making these comments when YSA is truly one of the chants that gets the arena the loudest :heh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind yes there was a big thing but it in NY/NJ but the groups just gave up and decided to shut it down for the money, considering the base of this team is a bunch of middle-aged geeks i'd say its par for the course

see something like Portland for a nice middle ground, see something like SJ for some entertaining hooligan tendencies

is kind of insulting, making these comments when YSA is truly one of the chants that gets the arena the loudest :heh:
I was legit thinking they were making some remarks about players moms or something. "You Suck a$$hole" OMGOMGOMG MAKE IT STOP!!!

cropped-54060403.jpg

• HY
  • Seattle
NYT Pick
FLAG

My son and I are big Seattle Sounders fans and I was really pleased that the YSA chant wasn't used once the last game we attended, not because I need to shield my son from such language, but because the game is so much better than that and sportsmanship really does matter. Also gone was the "Let him die!" chant when players on the opposing team seem to be faking injuries. But what pleased me most happened last season. I questioned the guy in front of us who yelled "You play like a woman!" as an insult. The next time those words came out of his mouth he turned to me and my son, looking very uncomfortable, and added "Which is awesome!" At least in Seattle, learning is definitely taking place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/s...n-vulgar-chants.html?comments#permid=10028857

Keep soccer moms away from the stadium. :why:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
the thing is, i was going to comment about how NYT writes about this 3 months AFTER everyone is very tired of hearing about YSA and its controversies........ wrote about 3 sentences but erased it thinking 'whats the point' but..

so not only is it late, but no american soccer fan even wants to read another piece about it even if it's the best and most balanced article ever written.

then add that its pointless mostly cause the NYT isn't exactly something you'd read for anything about the game

i saw the links to it here and there but willingly didnt click on it cause i knew it'd be misinformed and the type exact types of people would be commenting on it

some middle aged puritanical woman
some anti-american soccer person who has to compare everything to that one time he went to a 1st division match in 1988 while he was studying abroad in college
and the try-hard ethnics who call everything american derivative

dont even know why i read the comments anymore, i knew what they were gonna be

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
the thing is, i was going to comment about how NYT writes about this 3 months AFTER everyone is very tired of hearing about YSA and its controversies........ wrote about 3 sentences but erased it thinking 'whats the point' but..

so not only is it late, but no american soccer fan even wants to read another piece about it even if it's the best and most balanced article ever written.

then add that its pointless mostly cause the NYT isn't exactly something you'd read for anything about the game

i saw the links to it here and there but willingly didnt click on it cause i knew it'd be misinformed and the type exact types of people would be commenting on it

some middle aged puritanical woman
some anti-american soccer person who has to compare everything to that one time he went to a 1st division match in 1988 while he was studying abroad in college
and the try-hard ethnics who call everything american derivative

dont even know why i read the comments anymore, i knew what they were gonna be
this is funny :heh:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...on-vulgar-chants.1994360/page-2#post-28723334